• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Winter '12/'13 Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

Hah...so true. They looked really good on radar and then wouldn't move past northern Muskegon County. Just kept going through the shredder. Another "inch or less" down the drain. Total snowfall for the season: 8 inches + 100 pencil point snowflakes per sq. foot + 20 or lesses.

It seemed more like snizzle than snow to me.  Walking outside felt more like a light drizzle touching my face.  Tiny flakes weren't sticking at all, just melting on contact and making the ground wet.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A mid January run of the GFS that's essentially devoid of snow for all 16 days. And I've already gone about 2 weeks without seeing accumulating snow. What the hell is going on here?

Whatever disease Toronto has been suffering through has spread to the rest of the GL/OV.

1-2" of snow on the GFS for 180hrs is bleek. This winter is far worse than anything seen in a decade. The one week snow-a-thon we had in Dec did nothing but act as a post holiday ornament. Just awful. I can hear the punting around the sub forums. Hopeful Bowmee,WiWX and Weatherbo somewhow manage a few inches of LES while we all drown in a dirty snow pile misery.

It kind of boggles my mind that we all suffered through the atrocious winter of 2011-12, through consistent warmth and some of the least snow we've ever seen. And then we came into this winter, thinking that it couldn't possibly be any worse, that there would be no way we would have a more miserable winter than last year. And yet here we are. If last winter was a bad dream, then this is a nightmare. I don't think I'm going to be looking forward to next winter.

Yes 0z and 6z look great. Warm sector of storms in January love it..... Not!!!!!

It is incredible how it happens so quick after one of the best cold shots in recent memory.  That's what happens when the trough is so far east and transient.  We just can't shake the pacific dominance.

It kind of boggles my mind that we all suffered through the atrocious winter of 2011-12, through consistent warmth and some of the least snow we've ever seen. And then we came into this winter, thinking that it couldn't possibly be any worse, that there would be no way we would have a more miserable winter than last year. And yet here we are. If last winter was a bad dream, then this is a nightmare. I don't think I'm going to be looking forward to next winter.

95% chance I'll live outside of Toronto & area next winter. That means 95% chance next winter will rock for Toronto & area.

AH, another lovely '12/'13 late fall morning... Brown ground, snow falling (just to the north), cold crisp air (somewhere in Canada), talks of the first big snowfall (going down the drain), radar looking great (oh wait, never mind). Just another day in the Westermuda Triangle...

2 more months of this? No, thanks......

AH, another lovely '12/'13 late fall morning... Brown ground, snow falling (just to the north), cold crisp air (somewhere in Canada), talks of the first big snowfall (going down the drain), radar looking great (oh wait, never mind). Just another day in the Westermuda Triangle...

2 more months of this? No, thanks......

Well the last few Marches have sucked for wintery weather so u might only have another month and half of pain left.

95% chance I'll live outside of Toronto & area next winter. That means 95% chance next winter will rock for Toronto & area.

Part of me wonders if my view of winters in southern Ontario is just biased. A lot of my childhood was in the 2000s and 2004-05 was the first winter I can remember really well. Of course since that winter, we had 07-08, 08-09 and 10-11 which were some of the snowiest winters on record for a lot of us. Sometimes I think to myself that this is what our winters are really like and we just happened to have been spoiled for the past couple of years. But when I see futility record after futility record fall I also start to think that this can't be normal.

If only I could go back in time to December 2010 and savour every snowflake we got of that awesome season. Hard to believe that was just over two years ago. I feel stupid for having thought that five 8" storms in one winter would happen every year.

3 weeks lost in December and another 3 and counting in Jan.

Pretty much the entire winter here so far.  Still haven't had more than 3" depth so far. Clippers be too far north so I won't get **** it terms of synoptic snow.  Allegan, Van Buren, and Burrian counties will get some decent snowpack along with NW lower during the upcoming mini arctic outbreak NW flow LES event.  For me, a few passing showers might deliver an inch or two at best with the shallow DGZ, crappy flake size, and poor fetch / wind direction. 

1-2" of snow on the GFS for 180hrs is bleek. This winter is far worse than anything seen in a decade. The one week snow-a-thon we had in Dec did nothing but act as a post holiday ornament. Just awful. I can hear the punting around the sub forums. Hopeful Bowmee,WiWX and Weatherbo somewhow manage a few inches of LES while we all drown in a dirty snow pile misery.

lol. The winter through mid-Jan was far, far FAR worse in 2011-12 and 2006-07 in SE MI. FAR worse. This would be 3rd worst for sure though as much of the rest of the decade featured mega snow.

3 weeks lost in December and another 3 and counting in Jan.

The first 10 days of January were locked into winter and had a solid snowpack and the first 10 days of December were full on torch. Our snow came in a thump rather than our usual constant nickel and diming that so many claim to hate...be careful what you wish for! This must be an east coast esque winter (with a bit more snowcover).

Archived