Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Winter '12/'13 Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better enjoy what happens on the 24th/25th as it may largely get wiped out less than a week later.

yep...

in fact maybe only 2 or 3 days later.   That trough sharpens, narrows, and exits stage right pretty quickly.  Euro is looking pretty torchy after this week.

You guys crack me up. I would say the chances of a torch are close to nil, and the chances of something cutting over my head or west of here is slim as well. Not talking clippers that track along/near the Canadian border.

There is a slew of things going against a torch returning/staying for any period of time starting with the MJO. Sure we could warm for a day ahead of a front but that should be the extent of it. imo

Models are notorious for trying to rush things along.

My hunch is temps stay below normal for much of the region going into April. Will ofcourse probably get the day or two of above normal ahead of fronts or whatever but extended torches? Not feeling it. Euro is more then likely overdoing it. Euro weeklies along with the CFS weeklies keeps it pretty cold into Mid Feb which is as far out as they go.

In short i am not gonna sweat the euro or anything else that pops up a torch in the extended. Not saying it is impossible either just highly doubtful.

You guys crack me up. I would say the chances of a torch are close to nil, and the chances of something cutting over my head or west of here is slim as well. Not talking clippers that track along/near the Canadian border.

There is a slew of things going against a torch returning/staying for any period of time starting with the MJO. Sure we could warm for a day ahead of a front but that should be the extent of it. imo

Models are notorious for trying to rush things along.

My hunch is temps stay below normal for much of the region going into April. Will ofcourse probably get the day or two of above normal ahead of fronts or whatever but extended torches? Not feeling it. Euro is more then likely overdoing it. Euro weeklies along with the CFS weeklies keeps it pretty cold into Mid Feb which is as far out as they go.

In short i am not gonna sweat the euro or anything else that pops up a torch in the extended. Not saying it is impossible either just highly doubtful.

I don't think it's extended warmth but am concerned it will be intense enough to melt much of the snow, especially since what falls should be low water content which is much more prone to being nuked.

I don't think it's extended warmth but am concerned it will be intense enough to melt much of the snow, especially since what falls should be low water content which is much more prone to being nuked.

Yeah.. That's always possible. Still i feel pretty confident that the euro etc is overdoing it with torching and storms tracking to the nw like that. Ofcourse patterns do re-load and thus when the chances go up for a brief torch or a cut to the nw.

Anyways that is still pretty far out so yeah i am not gonna sweat it. See how it looks in 5 days.

Yeah.. That's always possible. Still i feel pretty confident that the euro etc is overdoing it with torching and storms tracking to the nw like that. Ofcourse patterns do re-load and thus when the chances go up for a brief torch or a cut to the nw.

Anyways that is still pretty far out so yeah i am not gonna sweat it. See how it looks in 5 days.

Yeah, it makes me a little nervous...but there is still time for it to change.

Winter of 2012-2013 finding ways to ruin any storm or good pattern no matter what.

We can't even get a couple of inches of snow from a clipper or a wave or something. It just refuses to snow.

Could be one of the worst Januaries I've ever experienced. January 2006 is making it hard for me to say that but at least that month was a wall to wall torch with no prospects.

As bad as this winter may seem, we have seen worse. Remember 2011-2012?

And not to sound like a positive polly, but there's still 2 months for this winter to redeem itself some.

12.7" here by the end of January last year. Sitting on 9.4" attm with limited hope in sight. The 2011-12 was worse mantra worked 2 weeks ago. Starting to fade now.

12.7" here by the end of January last year. Sitting on 9.4" attm with limited hope in sight. The 2011-12 was worse mantra worked 2 weeks ago. Starting to fade now.

Yeah, hell last winter at least it was warm and we had rainstorms to track. Right now any sort of system is finding a way to not materialize and/or dodge this part of the world

Yeah, hell last winter at least it was warm and we had rainstorms to track. Right now any sort of system is finding a way to not materialize and/or dodge this part of the world

Meanwhile in the snowless hell that is Ontario, here I am freezing my ass off in the snowbelt with 5 cm for the month and most of the grass still showing.  Give me last winter, at least it was warm.

Meanwhile in the snowless hell that is Ontario, here I am freezing my ass off in the snowbelt with 5 cm for the month and most of the grass still showing.  Give me last winter, at least it was warm.

Sorry to hear that Alan. Being in the snowbelt, I can't imagine you don't cash in at least once while we're in the grips of this arctic airmass.

michsnowfreak?

No, but I can understand his point.

As far as winter-like weather, it does at least FEEL like winter outside unlike last year. We rarely discussed below average temps, let along temps in the single digits.

Plus, many of us outside of NE Illinois snd SW Michigan did see at least one snowstorm that easily trumped anything the crap waves in 2011-2012 blessed us with. There was absoutely no potential winter storms to track within the 7-day range until late February in 2011-2012, then after that point winter was over.

On top of that, if we can get 30"+ of snow within one February (2010-2011), then anything's still possible for this season

Archived