• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Winter '12/'13 Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

I saw close to 16" by this time last year. This year that number is probably closer to 12".

I will say that at least this year feels a bit more like winter with the dryness and colder temps. The lack of snow has sucked beyond all reason but it still feels like it's been cold. And at least the next time we have a somewhat active weather pattern going on, it will feel like things are going ballistic compared to this garbage.

Can't even get LES to produce this year. Man.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't even me being a positive polly, but like Ben Crenshaw, I have a good feeling about the storm modeled around the 30th/31st.  It's been modeled on the GFS Ensembles pretty consistently for at least a week, and in a few days if it continues it will be thread-worthy.  Hopefully all of us weenies can last until then.

nsm_depth_2013012105_National.jpg

'copter...even places like CO are a total disaster.  The drought this spring and summer is going to make headlines

Southern Canada is doing quite well! - except south ON. The mountains of the NW are the only ones doing well with snow pack.

'copter...even places like CO are a total disaster.  The drought this spring and summer is going to make headlines

Err...it was much worse, especially in the CO Rockies last year at this time. The only area where it appears to be less in that area is to the leeside of the Rockies in MT and WY, and it is far, far better in the Canadian Prairies, there's more up there than in 2011.

Yeah, this is what happens when the PPs run out of turds to polish. Almost as funny as a couple non met posters humping the MJO like its gospel.

i wouldn't say it is the gospel but someone like you probably shouldn't bash the MJO without reasoning other than to bash others. The MJO does factor into sensible weather locally/regionally/nationally and models tend to react slowly to the MJO's forcing on said sensible weather. This is part of the why people don't have much faith in the models post 120 hours as they are highly subject to change when you have a vigorous MJO wave.

Yeah, this is what happens when the PPs run out of turds to polish. Almost as funny as a couple non met posters humping the MJO like its gospel.

Is this necessary? B*tch and moan about the weather in this thread to your heart's content, but taking shots at other posters is pretty dumb. Grow up. 

Archived