e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Winter '12/'13 Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/akron_canton_news/video-captures-akron-city-snow-plow-driver-plowing-street-without-snow-on-it

Akron, Ohio staying busy with snow removal before spring comes in and melts it all of the streets...

This is just stupid, and I am sure Akron like most Midwest cities has money issues, surely they can't afford such silly waste.

There were sound reasons to not buy into the aggressive snow amounts that some models were showing here but it still kinda stings. You hold out hope that things might find a way to break in your favor. Each event now is high stakes. There probably aren't many more opportunities for something significant especially around this latitude.

I think this would be the breaking point for Tim and me...lol

post-14-0-70887700-1361601852_thumb.gif

There were sound reasons to not buy into the aggressive snow amounts that some models were showing here but it still kinda stings. You hold out hope that things might find a way to break in your favor. Each event now is high stakes. There probably aren't many more opportunities for something significant especially around this latitude.

SN_072-120_0000.gif

Yeah if I were you guys and that verified I would be punting kittens.

This winter blows so hard that I've become desensitized to these seemingly-good model runs.  I'm just sitting here looking at the Canadian, Ukie, and Euro, thinking "in what unique way will this storm bust?"

This.

Euro is looking great for a very nice snowstorm for our region and I'm thinking,"What's going to happen to screw us this time?"

It gets old.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/akron_canton_news/video-captures-akron-city-snow-plow-driver-plowing-street-without-snow-on-it

Akron, Ohio staying busy with snow removal before spring comes in and melts it all of the streets...

This reminds me of last March when I saw a salt truck come down my street dumping salt when it was 42 degrees and sunny. It hadn't snowed in a week and there was no snow in the forecast. 

Totally resigned to our defeat with that one. At least it'll be safely all rain, with none of the dreaded s****.

Totally resigned to our defeat with that one. At least it'll be safely all rain, with none of the dreaded s****.

I think we can safely rename this area "Sleet Capital on the world".  I can't believe just how many systems we've seen lately that have been mostly sleet. :gun_bandana:

Actually had to turn up the volume on my TV pretty loud to override the sleet pinging my house.. :lol:  Just a few more weeks and then I'll be down in San Antonio for a week (hopefully get a dose of some warmer weather!) :sizzle:

I think we can safely rename this area "Sleet Capital on the world".  I can't believe just how many systems we've seen lately that have been mostly sleet. :gun_bandana:

Actually had to turn up the volume on my TV pretty loud to override the sleet pinging my house.. :lol:  Just a few more weeks and then I'll be down in San Antonio for a week (hopefully get a dose of some warmer weather!) :sizzle:

You should safe from s**** in San Antonio. :D

Enjoy the trip!

1.5" of snow/sleet last night...just behind the 2" snowfall I received early this month for second largest snowfall of this winter. Just pathetic.  And then rain Monday night.  Next winter has to be better, right?  I guess some of done all right in Midest/Great Lakes sub-forum...Detroit, lake zones, and Madison, WI.   Areas just south of here did pretty well between Christmas and New Years.  Otherwise... :axe:  :violin:

Spring to me is 50's and 60's.......

The .7 of snow has melted. If you didn't get up early this morning, you will miss the excitement!!!!!

Hopefully next winter has a more favorable storm track for the lower lakes upper ohio.

I doubt it!! We hardly ever get a favorable storm track..This winter pretty much bites...never HAD THAT BIG 6 INCH OR MORE STORM!! So ready for spring!!

Archived