• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Winter '12/'13 Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

I feel your pain.........though I did get one storm 6+ so I guess I don't really feel your pain lol

2008 and February 2010 had good tracks. We can get snow with all types of patterns, just not this years(and definitely not last years) outside 5 days lol.

We had multiple bombs and phases 9 days out!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a technicality more than anything, but this is the first time in my memory we were deep within the 70% >4" line from HPC, and not only didn't make that, but missed by over an inch. 

You'd think with chase season right around the corner I wouldn't be taking snowfall as seriously as I am, but the cumulative impact of last winter's disaster combined with this season being a f'g joke I guess it's burning into my overall enthusiasm regarding weather.

Just a technicality more than anything, but this is the first time in my memory we were deep within the 70% >4" line from HPC, and not only didn't make that, but missed by over an inch.

You'd think with chase season right around the corner I wouldn't be taking snowfall as seriously as I am, but the cumulative impact of last winter's disaster combined with this season being a f'g joke I guess it's burning into my overall enthusiasm regarding weather.

Yeah. Having such "high confidence" events blow up in your face is salt to the wound

You can crash here buddy. Just grab a chair in the Weather Center for overnight. Another AMMX legend used to do it all the time. ;)

Ha, maybe I'll take you up on that. ;)

We'll have to watch the front end here. Airmass is pretty dry initially and right now it looks like there would be an opportunity to wet bulb enough to maybe start with something other than plain rain. Shouldn't be a big deal but things would get very interesting if it trends any colder. This may be Tim's dreaded 33-34 and rain storm.

That 26th storm is a tease. Just enough to keep me interested. :(

Look away. It'll be easier that way. 

We'll have to watch the front end here. Airmass is pretty dry initially and right now it looks like there would be an opportunity to wet bulb enough to maybe start with something other than plain rain. Shouldn't be a big deal but things would get very interesting if it trends any colder. This may be Tim's dreaded 33-34 and rain storm.

Yes. Mid 30's and 100% rain. Lock...it...up.

EDIT: I just looked at the 0z NAM. Put it out of its misery.  :axe:

These are the worst days of winter. No snow on the ground, no major snow imminent, cold, grey skies, windy. You can't go outdoors and do any winter recreation, you can't go outdoors and do any summer recreation, and still months away from any real appreciable spring weather, and if you are a snow fan you cling to any hope that a storm will eventually come. 

You can't get any worse than days and days of temps hovering just below freezing, bare ground, and cloudy skies. 

Lets get this yet another occluding/weakening POS storm system out of here and just move on to spring and severe weather.  The QC and most of northern IL just can't win this winter, much like last winter.  I guess this means we've paid our dues for the GHD storm.  Two ****ty winters in a row should be more than enough to pay for one 18hr storm 2 years ago.  No way in hell we get another winter this bad for next season, so at least we can expect an improvement next winter. 

I fully expect, for a time, a donut hole of rain over LAF while north, south, east, and west snow on the weenie radars.

lol

Looks like a quiet stretch after this. March is looking chilly, at least the first 1-2 weeks. Hopefully there is something good to track. March cold and little/no snow would be quite a slap in the face.

lol

Looks like a quiet stretch after this. March is looking chilly, at least the first 1-2 weeks. Hopefully there is something good to track. March cold and little/no snow would be quite a slap in the face.

Maybe another snowstorm for BMG, EVV, IND, and CMH in the first week or two of March. Might as well make it as miserable as possible.

Archived