Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The annual countdown to May 1st thread ©

weatherwiz

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2013, "the summer of extremes"...I'm calling it now. Scott you can have your cold and hopefully active January/February and I can have my severe weather set-ups.

I love severe wx, just so jaded by those disappointing. Only in certain setups will I entertain being enthused. Most of the time, it's all about the lapse rates aloft. Either that, or get one hell of a shortwave going.

that sun angle is going to start torching in a few short weeks. Maybe this year we'll be breaking out the shorts in March?

One of the best "events" last year was that mid-March nighttime thing. Sad to say, can't get much worse than that.

I still believe we have lots of winter left but there is only 5 more months until May 1st and severe wx season is quickly approaching. In this thread we will countdown the days until May 1st and discuss SNE severe wx which is always fun!

Omg - haha.

"..only 5 more months" ?! Jesus that's half a year - my goodness.

That's like saying, "...only 30 years and 5 months before I'm eligible for parole" You should start these threads on March 15... Which by the way, the Mohawk Trail had a nice super cell in the ides of March last year, that brought 1" diameter hail the whole length.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ORH_wxman" data-cid="1975869" data-time="1357057266"><p>

Hopefully when we get the next 1 in 20 year setup....Wiz wont be selling hotdogs and snow cones at the little league concession stand while an F3 is 20 miles away.</p></blockquote>

It was probably a blessing in disguise that he was selling weenies. He probably would have driven right into it.

Archived