CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The annual countdown to May 1st thread ©

weatherwiz

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I miss your posts Wiz... post more often!

Now that I'm not working 7 days a week and 60-70 hours I'll be around much more to post again!  I would lurk around at posts but didn't do much posting.  Glad that can change.  I also just bought a laptop which I can bring with me to places.

Are you campaigning for WOTY?

A little too late :(

Hopefully when we get the next 1 in 20 year setup....Wiz wont be selling hotdogs and snow cones at the little league concession stand while an F3 is 20 miles away.

:lol:  I think about this every single day literally.  

I almost did lol   Hoping that wiz gets to see his tornado this year!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ORH_wxman" data-cid="1975869" data-time="1357057266"><p>
Hopefully when we get the next 1 in 20 year setup....Wiz wont be selling hotdogs and snow cones at the little league concession stand while an F3 is 20 miles away.</p></blockquote>

It was probably a blessing in disguise that he was selling weenies. He probably would have driven right into it.

I'm undecided if I'm going to work full time this summer b/c I may want to take alot of classes over the summer so that could open the door to maybe go out more but probably not since my friend in NH takes his time off to come down here the last week of May and first week of June but at least I can post more and pay attention to things!

If La Nina actually were coming on, but it's not looking great.  

However still like a clipper/flipper in early March, big SE ridge and  the AO heading positive quickly.  Maybe we can get some low-toppers lol

I love those first low topped threats of the season b/c it means we're transitioning!  

Im a tornado hot spot on the occurrence map.. the 2011 tornado missed my house by less then a 1/4 mile alot of uprooted large oaks at the end of my street but of course I was in Springfield for that better show there lol

Wiz... check this out.... AWESOME!

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/envbrowser/

The guys at SPC do some really awesome work with products on their web page. They really are a great resource. 

Wiz... check this out.... AWESOME!

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/envbrowser/

The guys at SPC do some really awesome work with products on their web page. They really are a great resource. 

That is awesome!  I came across that yesterday when I was on break in between classes.  I was playing around with it for a good half hour.  

i'd rather castrate myself then look fwd to the humid days that will encompass may, june, july , aug.  i recall this may and june and first half of july were pretty dry and mild, but had some nice cool nites, that's how i'd like it done. if were gonna be dry again, that's fine, give me some radiating nites. It's the 88/68's that i dread. You would think after 10 years in S FL 94/75's day after day, month after month, that the humidity here wouldn't bother me... i can't stand it.

i'd rather castrate myself then look fwd to the humid days that will encompass may, june, july , aug. i recall this may and june and first half of july were pretty dry and mild, but had some nice cool nites, that's how i'd like it done. if were gonna be dry again, that's fine, give me some radiating nites. It's the 88/68's that i dread. You would think after 10 years in S FL 94/75's day after day, month after month, that the humidity here wouldn't bother me... i can't stand it.

LOL to your opening, but I totally agree.

i'd rather castrate myself then look fwd to the humid days that will encompass may, june, july , aug.  i recall this may and june and first half of july were pretty dry and mild, but had some nice cool nites, that's how i'd like it done. if were gonna be dry again, that's fine, give me some radiating nites. It's the 88/68's that i dread. You would think after 10 years in S FL 94/75's day after day, month after month, that the humidity here wouldn't bother me... i can't stand it.

It's all part of what seasons have to offer.  Like it, enjoy it, embrace it.  It's amazing how we go from one extreme to the other in a matter of seasons.  

It's all part of what seasons have to offer.  Like it, enjoy it, embrace it.  It's amazing how we go from one extreme to the other in a matter of seasons.  

So nice to see this thread started. Hopefully this year will be a little bit better than 2012. After the crazy year we had in 2011 and the so-so year we had last year, maybe this year we can find a happy medium.  Looking forward to that first storm to rumble up from the southwest...then the first booms...then the downpour...can't wait.

Archived