12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The annual countdown to May 1st thread ©

weatherwiz

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the SPC, Worcester County, Mass. had more tornadoes than any other county in New England between 1952 and 2010. The only other county to rank as high as them in the entire Northeast was Crawford County in northwestern Pennsylvania.

tornadoes-by-county.png

According to the SPC, Worcester County, Mass. had more tornadoes than any other county in New England between 1952 and 2010. The only other county to rank as high as them in the entire Northeast was Crawford County in northwestern Pennsylvania.

tornadoes-by-county.png

Well...you also have to take into account the size of Worcester County...if you take the totals and cut them in half you actually get a number similar to many of the surrounding areas.  

Well...you also have to take into account the size of Worcester County...if you take the totals and cut them in half you actually get a number similar to many of the surrounding areas.  

This is true. I still think it's fairly interesting that five F-3 or stronger tornadoes have also hit Worcester County since the 1950's.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it's a decent season for you, Wiz. You certainly have the passion for it.

I'm hoping we can get at least one nasty squall line or even a derecho.  We got our tornado but it's been some time since we've had a really prolific squall line go through.  A 7/18/06 would be pretty epic.

Archived