joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/30 Coastal Part II - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea climo says that in this situation. OT but nobody mentioned, fooking cold Euro run, holy heck and oh who starts the Jan 3rd threat thread.

Your area is tough... I could see it going either way. You could rip if cold conveyor belt starts going to town or you could be under subsidence and screwed. I wouldn't be surprised if you got 2" or 7" to be honest lol.

Thanks should be all white to the coast come Sunday as all of SNE locks in deep pack. I'm surprised NW RI had no snow. They must have torched yesterday.

I agree. I think the jump of best forcing and mid level low centers will be too late for my backyard (probably a 1-3 or 2-4 kinda deal most of CT) but once the mid level low jumps it will rip for a eastern areas. I like the PVD to Sharon/Foxborough kinda deal south toward TAN and depending on boundary layer issues the canal and places like Sandwich etc.

When you get a jump of 850/700mb centers you can get sort of a sucker hole when that occurs. If I were to pick a place for that to occur it would be E NY and W SNE lol. If that jump can happen earlier then we'd be in better shape.

Yeah a lot of the guidance today has been picking up on that sucker hole. When the secondary starts going to town, that initial band of snow from the primary just dries up very quick.

Your area is tough... I could see it going either way. You could rip if cold conveyor belt starts going to town or you could be under subsidence and screwed. I wouldn't be surprised if you got 2" or 7" to be honest lol.

I think windham, middlesex, and new London counties are a general 4-7. Most models are 0.40-0.70" qpf so 4-7" is pretty general, considering there should be decent ratios and growth from these locations into SE mass.

3-5" fairfield, new haven and Tolland counties.

2-4" litchfield and Hartford counties.

I think windham, middlesex, and new London counties are a general 4-7. Most models are 0.40-0.70" qpf so 4-7" is pretty general, considering there should be decent ratios and growth from these locations into SE mass.

3-5" fairfield, new haven and Tolland counties.

2-4" litchfield and Hartford counties.

Certainly possible. I'm just going by synoptics here haven't had time to dig at all... been skiing all day. Was just a phenomenal day!

Yeah I could see S CT doing OK as long as everything goes as planned.

Just checked out the Euro and the Euro screams sucker hole to me for most of N CT along the I-84 corridor. You can see a local min in QPF. Have to understand too that the models, by and large, really broadbrush QPF forecasts and while the "sucker hole" is noticeable, but unimpressive, on the Euro QPF fields I bet it is much uglier in reality.

Archived