joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/30 Coastal Part II - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odd looking evolution at 700 mb on the NAM. Could almost envision a screw zone of subsidence between the warm advection QG forcing near the cape and the best height falls/cyclonic vorticity advection over NNE/Upstate NY. Add in an unfavorable 700mb track to keep the best frontogenesis out of SNE (at least initially.. I saw 12z GFS did jump the mid level low center to off the Cape) I wouldn't get overly excited yet. That said... I just got in from a day skiing so have only had a very brief glimpse at things.

Seems in the last two years models get way over analyzed, every single detail from run to run model to model just under the microscope, sometimes history and climo are more useful in the small nuances.

Looks like all of NE gets snow with perhaps two maximums, one over ski country and one closer to the south coast up into eastern mass.

Enjoy!

I think this could end up pretty solid for eastern areas. Probably low end warning critieria for interior SE MA and maybe into N RI. I think we might get one more small bump NW for close to our final outcome.

The commahead/CCB is going to be insane so if it can back west a bit more into the BOS metro region, then there is bust potential in the positive direction. I haven't over analyzed the soundings, but just looking at the synoptics and such, I'd bet dollars to donuts there is probably aheavy banding signal in that commahead.

I think this could end up pretty solid for eastern areas. Probably low end warning critieria for interior SE MA and maybe into N RI. I think we might get one more small bump NW for close to our final outcome.

The commahead/CCB is going to be insane so if it can back west a bit more into the BOS metro region, then there is bust potential in the positive direction. I haven't over analyzed the soundings, but just looking at the synoptics and such, I'd bet dollars to donuts there is probably aheavy banding signal in that commahead.

You know I'm watching it like a hawk.

Come to daddy.

I agree. I think the jump of best forcing and mid level low centers will be too late for my backyard (probably a 1-3 or 2-4 kinda deal most of CT) but once the mid level low jumps it will rip for a eastern areas. I like the PVD to Sharon/Foxborough kinda deal south toward TAN and depending on boundary layer issues the canal and places like Sandwich etc.

When you get a jump of 850/700mb centers you can get sort of a sucker hole when that occurs. If I were to pick a place for that to occur it would be E NY and W SNE lol. If that jump can happen earlier then we'd be in better shape.

Archived