joxey
12/30 Coastal Part II - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coastal / Zeus / Fella:

3-6 looks safe for Boston metro

Short of just waiting for 18z guidance, I'm trying to compare digging at h5 per RAP for any hints that trough might be sharper or further west than shown on 12z suite... maybe we'll be able to call trends before the 18z guidance

forgive me for being debbie downer .. but this reminds of so many prior snow events where there is a very sharp gradient for precip totals along the nw side of the LP while bombing out offshore. Also the precip shield looks to be quite compact / intense as ccb(?) gets going, possibly grazing southeast MA. I wouldn't be too confident forecasting more than 2"-4" for most of the interior and a narrow swath of 4"-7" tan-pvd corridor and southeast away from the coast.

It's catch 22. If winds are light it's not an issue but then the storm may not be winding up.

I'm not worried about it. The way I see it, the closer this thing is, the better odds of getting into the comma head where dynamics should keep us all snow. And even if early BL issues exist, they should be done once the winds get a N component. I think this is an all snow event for you, me, and Scoots.

What is Kevin locking in?

More importantly... why has the RPM caught on as a model to be used in a situation like this? Seems like what's in question is the synoptics of just how amplified the s/w will be.

About time us Eastern CT dudes got some NBC 30 love. Nice early am wake up to Bobs map. I like it. How was the slopes?

Archived