joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/30 Coastal Part II - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly possible. I'm just going by synoptics here haven't had time to dig at all... been skiing all day. Was just a phenomenal day!

Yeah I could see S CT doing OK as long as everything goes as planned.

Just checked out the Euro and the Euro screams sucker hole to me for most of N CT along the I-84 corridor. You can see a local min in QPF. Have to understand too that the models, by and large, really broadbrush QPF forecasts and while the "sucker hole" is noticeable, but unimpressive, on the Euro QPF fields I bet it is much uglier in reality.

Dec 26, 2010 scarred you lol. But I see that possibility too somewhere around there possibly.

Certainly possible. I'm just going by synoptics here haven't had time to dig at all... been skiing all day. Was just a phenomenal day!

Yeah I could see S CT doing OK as long as everything goes as planned.

Just checked out the Euro and the Euro screams sucker hole to me for most of N CT along the I-84 corridor. You can see a local min in QPF. Have to understand too that the models, by and large, really broadbrush QPF forecasts and while the "sucker hole" is noticeable, but unimpressive, on the Euro QPF fields I bet it is much uglier in reality.

Agree. I can see BDL getting like 2" while Middletown gets 4-5" and the precip shield erodes as it pushes north.

I like where I stand for once. Lol

Dec 26, 2010 scarred you lol. But I see that possibility too somewhere around there possibly.

Ugh I know. I still can't think of it without cringing or shedding a tear.

Seriously though there will be sort of a dead zone tomorrow. I'm impressed with how things look for Boston through SE Mass and maybe Rhode Island too with a bit of luck. Those places deserve it so I'm happy that this looks like it will be a fun one for that area. Back here... meh... probably nothing special for I-84 corridor barring some mesoscale fun. Coastal CT especially from my parents house in Guilford and maybe up through Ginx have a better chance for a 3 or 4 hour period of good snows.

Agree. I can see BDL getting like 2" while Middletown gets 4-5" and the precip shield erodes as it pushes north.

I like where I stand for once. Lol

Yeah... but Middletown never does well so I'd say your area back through Guilford/Branford could squeeze out the higher totals.

Again I really haven't been able to forecast this with all available tools... just a quick glance at the synoptics here. Maybe there are positives that I just haven't seen yet.

Archived