• Last Reply

AS SUCH

FORECAST SNOWFALL TOTALS HAVE BEEN INCREASED...WITH 2-5 INCHES OF

SNOW EXPECTED ACROSS MUCH OF THE FORECAST AREA...BUT 6 TO 8 INCHES

OR POSSIBLY SOMEWHAT HIGHER ACROSS SOUTHEAST MA AND RI EXCEPT FOR

THE CAPE AND ISLANDS. IT IS IN THIS AREA WHERE THE HIGHER TOTALS

ARE POSSIBLE THAT A WINTER STORM WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR

SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT.

yes. this keeps being ignored. the GFS might very well be too warm. but it's awfully warm for most of SE MA/RI and S CT now too. i'm thinking it's probably overdone but it gives pause.

yes OKX does have lower totals for BDR which is right on water, not a realy indication of southern ct, but temp of 39 would really limit totals right on water, I mean GFS shows 29 for OXC (oxford) which is only 20 miles north.. so its not warm for everyone just the immediate shore.. something to worry about for immediate coast

Interesting, Phil is this a BL only thing or are the ML's warming as well?

it's the lowest ~2000' or so. the euro is not nearly as mild but that's two runs in a row now that the GFS would be either 1. rain or 2. a nasty wet snow for a good period of time for parts of SNE that on other guidance are get a solid 6" of snow.

i'm not sure what to make of it but the reason it bothers me is the lack of cold HP to our north. other than the low bombing out, there isn't a great mechanism to prevent the easterly flow from penetrating westward a bit more than we'd like.

it may end up a nowcast kind of thing. we'll see.

yes OKX does have lower totals for BDR which is right on water, not a realy indication of southern ct, but temp of 39 would really limit totals right on water, I mean GFS shows 29 for OXC (oxford) which is only 20 miles north.. so its not warm for everyone just the immediate shore.. something to worry about for immediate coast

I could see BDR at maybe 34 but idk about 39. It'll be interesting. Winds should flip northerly though

it's the lowest ~2000' or so. the euro is not nearly as mild but that's two runs in a row now that the GFS would be either 1. rain or 2. a nasty wet snow for a good period of time for parts of SNE that on other guidance are get a solid 6" of snow.

i'm not sure what to make of it but the reason it bothers me is the lack of cold HP to our north. other than the low bombing out, there isn't a great mechanism to prevent the easterly flow from penetrating westward a bit more than we'd like.

I think Plymouth county has more to worry about than southern CT but I don't like this.

I honestly really never thought this would be an issue looking at other guidance earlier today, but living on the coast have seen it happen many times of course. If this area is more over running and we miss out on the dynamics with the coastal, we could easily rain. I think things will work out, especially since it does not seem like a mid level punch of warmth is in the mix, but OKX since this morning has certainly take notice.

Thanks for your thoughts, lets hope the gfs is wrong, or at least some heavier precip overcomes bl issues and good luck!

I'm a little puzzled by the BOX WWA, forecast map, and ZFP. I'm flumoxed how GC could be forecasted 3-5 (zfp, p/c) yet Mt. Tolland zfp only has 4-6. That really doesn't show a gradient from their Watch area to here. You go from the Watch to CT and then it just hold steady from there. Something's wrong there I think. I expect I'll come in at the low end of my forecast and the eastern CT zones will bust postive.

Archived