amirah5
December 26-27th Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol I live across from DQ

Ripping sleet balls and snow, this is awesome lol

Haha I drive past DQ every day. Can't see the post road from here, but I'm sure it's an ice rink right now.

The wind has really started picking up, and I don't mind the sleet considering I expected us to be raining by now.

Temps aren't that great as you head east.....if the mid-levels warm, it could get kind of ugly.

Hopefully they'll drop as precip moves in. A bit more of a cushion here, but still something to be worried about.

Still awaiting my flakes.

Dude, you're gonna get hit hard. Stop effing worrying.

Wow...really starting to go to town here with moderate snow. It took a bit for the low levels to moisten up, but surface conditions are beginning to catch up to the reflectivities.

Great to hear--must be getting close to me then.

Night y'all. Enjoy the snow whoever has it.

Have a good one, Scott. You and Bryce will have the big kahuna--the season's still young.

33/31

Heavy snow just ended... Light to moderate snow now with light sleet mixing in.

About 1" here. Plows are out on Route 1 and road conditions are horrendous. 2 accidents within a mile of each other.

Based on the road conditions, Winter Weather Advisory might have been a good idea... even if it was only until midnight. This caught a lot of people along the immediate coast off guard since we were expected to have 100% rain. But then again, I'm not surprised in the least by Taunton's handling of this area.

Archived