• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Can we salvage a White Christmas in SNE?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we say NW suburbs, we usually refer to suburbs that are either north or west of NYC. These areas all have a similar climatology, being a few degrees colder than NYC with elevations ranging up to 1000' and greater distance from the coast. These criteria apply to NW NJ, Rockland/Orange Counties, and Westchester/Putnam Counties.

I, of course, agree that Westchester is not to the west of NYC, unless you are talking about Brooklyn or Queens like where I work.

Yeah, but when you have coastal huggers that where the R/S line runs n/s or ne/sw there is a world of difference in sensible weather between NW NJ and Orange Cty to what occurs in Westchester.

Too far n here?

No you'd get in on it if RUC is right. This is pretty much a nowcast thing right now.

I think a coating to 2 inches is a good forecast and don't be surprised if there are some 3" spot lollis. Hopefully everyone gets at least an inch though.

RUC wants to rung a nice thump to the pike area including BOS tomorrow morning. A little outside of its useful zone but this should be interesting. I'm still expecting 1-2.

Was just about to post this... end of RAP, fwiw: we get more bang out of the northern energy ~8-11am rather than the remnants of this southern band currently over Jersey that gets shredded as it moves northeast

You know its a slow start to winter when there are 49 pages of discussion for an event that warrants a map like that towards the end of December.

LOL--based on the last two pages of posts and after just recovering my wood piles, I have now lost any enthusiasm for this event. Perhaps I'm channeling HubbDave who's been pretty Eeyore-ish of late as I really now doubt I'm going to see anything from this. Fast foward to Wednesday. :)

LOL--based on the last two pages of posts and after just recovering my wood piles, I have now lost any enthusiasm for this event. Perhaps I'm channeling HubbDave who's been pretty Eeyore-ish of late as I really now doubt I'm going to see anything from this. Fast foward to Wednesday. :)

Ditto. Weenie flakes at best here. All eyes to Thursday.

lol I also spent a chunk of the afternoon finishing some stacking and then tarping my wood piles.

Would be nice to see the W side of that precip shield fill in a little better. We'll get the ground whitened tomorrow...

Merry Christmas Eve to all!

:snowman:

Archived