• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Can we salvage a White Christmas in SNE?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4km rpm here at the station is much colder compared to last night, it showed mostly rain for CT last night, now the rain snow line stays over long island sound for most of the steady precip with some occasional mixing as the precip lets up. Has accumulations right down to the shore.. feel more comfortable with a White Christmas forecast. still thinking a coating - 2" for everyone.. most just away from the shore seeing an inch or two.. Starts around 8pm in Greenwich ends by 8am in Tolland.

4km rpm here at the station is much colder compared to last night, it showed mostly rain for CT last night, now the rain snow line stays over long island sound for most of the steady precip with some occasional mixing as the precip lets up. Has accumulations right down to the shore.. feel more comfortable with a White Christmas forecast. still thinking a coating - 2" for everyone.. most just away from the shore seeing an inch or two.. Starts around 8pm in Greenwich ends by 8am in Tolland.

Hey thanks dude.

Curiosity has me wanting to ask, what station you out of in CT? Pardon the dumb question but I've been out of new england for a coup years.

I don't know if it's right, but NAM is 2-4 now

Not sure what the significance is, but it also brings the 850 freezing north of New London across somewhere in SE Mass.

Meanwhile, in the here and now, just took a Christmas eve stroll to the beaver pond. Weenie flakes in the air and the pond providing the blast of ice shifting/settling. I love that sound.

I don't know if it's right, but NAM is 2-4 now

It's a little further south with 850 and 700 features...now a nice 850 WF modeled to help squeeze out the snow. That would likely be a wet snow to start for a while even near Messenger and Phil. Winds are light which helps limit marine taint...at least to start.

Not sure what the significance is, but it also brings the 850 freezing north of New London across somewhere in SE Mass.

Meanwhile, in the here and now, just took a Christmas eve stroll to the beaver pond. Weenie flakes in the air and the pond providing the blast of ice shifting/settling. I love that sound.

It has been nice to see the ice with the weenie snow on it from the last few days... probably ll sublimated off by now (have not looked tody)

SREFs still like areas north of the Pike, so there is some conflicting model data. However, they do have a weenie QPF jackpot around BOS. They seem too low for CT in terms of snow probs. I noticed models try to show a potential area near the 850 WF so where that sets up...it could be a decent band there.

NAM look like a whiff north of the NH border. :axe:

Looks rpetty unchanged qpf-wise outside of the increase in CT, but that may just be due to not reaching the next threshold in spite of their being an increase. Scott's taling aobut the 850 cooler--but it actually reaches further north from SE CT across RI and SE Mass before movign back south.

Regardless, I'm willing to pass tonight by in exchange for what the NAM's showing for the second system!

Archived