• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Can we salvage a White Christmas in SNE?

Damage In Tolland

Personally I just say idgaf to anything west of the apps and south of dc. Sorry I guess

I like to see the Met involved but yea . I mean Snowshoe upslope is cool and all but personally I like when we get a Storm from DC to Maine, that's my corridor of real winter interest . A bomb in the Sierras is cool to look at once but am I going to follow it, nope. The snow in Serbia last year was fascinating too.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to see the Met involved but yea . I mean Snowshoe upslope is cool and all but personally I like when we get a Storm from DC to Maine, that's my corridor of real winter interest . A bomb in the Sierras is cool to look at once but am I going to follow it, nope. The snow in Serbia last year was fascinating too.

I would be interested in these far flung snows particularly if I was going. eg: I was in a 3 foot Sierra dump in early November 1986...was vested because the timing for a weekend up there was superb....lol.

NYC seems pretty close. I would think if it comes down with any intensity the bottom of the column will be colder than depicted by the NAM. And if it doesn't it won't matter much either way.

nyc at +1.6 on sounding. inland burbs below feezing thew whole time. whats the min temp needed for snow growth by the way?

Ah just checked it out..nice. NAM seems to have that vort suppressed a tad. That'll be interesting to see how that verifies.

I've been keeping an eye on it for up here, but the EC/EC ens not being impressed concerns me. Now the NAM is poopooing it too. Some of the SREF members have been gung-ho, but many are trending weaker and north with the vort as well. Even if NWP doesn't show anything impressive it wouldn't surprise me to squeeze out 1" of pixie dust anyways.

NAM is super close to giving us the Gulf Stream storm miracle. look at around hour 42 or 45 it is super close to the NAM being out performed by real life circumstances.

Good luck with that. I might get a couple of flurries if I'm lucky based on where it stands now. Congrats you southerners--CT/RI/SEMA for the win.

Archived