Some very light snow reported falling in Avery County this morning

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...

-- Changed Discussion --

AS OF 845 AM EST TUESDAY...THERE HAVE BEEN A COUPLE REPORTS OF

FLURRIES ACROSS THE NRN MTNS. THE NW FLOW WEAKENS AND THE LLVL

MOISTURE DRIES UP TOWARD NOON...BUT FLURRIES ARE POSSIBLE NEAR THE

TN LINE FOR A FEW MORE HOURS AND THEY HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE

FORECAST.

Added another full degree yesterday. It's going to be hard to get that average down.

Fortunately, the average temperature over a monthly period does not solely govern whether we can experience wintry precip over that same period. As long as the air temp (at all the right layers of the atmosphere) is cold enough at the exact time the system rolls through, the temps can "torch" the rest of the month and we can still have a nice snowstorm on one or two days. Here's to hoping all the variables come together at the right time even if they're miles apart at other times...

Consider: The average depth of the pond is 3 feet; therefore, it must be safe to go wading, even if I can't swim.

Really?

Great day yesterday, and another today. Low 40's and cloudy. Can't get much better in early Dec. I talked to a guy who lives in Pike Co...sw fo me.. and he got a few hundrreds less than 2 inches yesterday. I'm betting CandyMan did good yesterday too. Maybe he needs to go on vacation more often :)

Already I'm seeing the rain on the old front moving back up this way. I'm thinking the next few days look pretty good too, with an impulse or two. Don't think that thing is as suppressed as Goofy was showing yesterday, with it already knocking on the door.! If we can get a wet pattern to set up down here, it looks great for winter at Castle Anthony :). T

Got light sleet and some snow mixing in for the last half hour, whenever a patch of heavier precip goes over. Folks argue over cold air, when all you need is some sort of coldish air, some dry column, and most of all some rain. Get the rain first, and in winter, the cold will take care of itself, if you have some timing luck.

The Moles have me shaking with anticipation for the next big chance at over running..with a bigger system, hitting head on. I pulled them out today thinking sleet tonight and bingo. This could be such a great winter down here, lol. T

A few 25-30dbz bands headed over the hill, high over Lake Tobesofkee, over the next little while.

Tony, I'll be out on the porch looking for the beautiful little round things that make the forest 'tinkle'.

Hey, Shack! Yep, love that sound of sleet hitting the leaves, and limbs, and roofs, lol. Especially when it's a big shower, and you can hear it coming a good ways off. Sorry, it didn't find you this morning. But, I've got a feeling this is just the begininning. I'm looking for some cad and over running gulf moisture after Xmas. Just got that feeling in my bones, lol. 46 at noon, and the rain is staying south now, but it is very good to get some rain south of Atl. and I did pick up .06. Bodes well for the future when the drought gets any rain at all thrown on it. T

Archived