• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2013 Obs

WilkesboroDude

The Gfs is giving me 1 3/4's of rain this next event. It hasn't been too bad on rain lately down here, so I'm interested to seeE how I do. 43 and rain coming. Not too dissimilar from other Decembers. Except we're trying to claw our way out of a drought. Usually I'd take a map this near, to be ok, but I've been burned so much on totals over the last few years, I'm always looking over my shoulder for a dry slot. Since summer I've been under the station, so I could believe, once again, I might see the train. Sure hope so, for me, and Psalm and the CMan. T

I'm looking at about 1/2 inch of rain out of that same system. But, that would be a vast improvement over anything recently. Do your moles do any contract work, Tony? I might could use them for a month or so, but I'll be glad to put 'em to work for any amount of time that you can spare 'em. Do moles make minimum wage or more? Are they state workers? Federal? Do I need to contribute to their retirement pension fund? Let me know.

:nerdsmiley:

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calc. I'll put in the good word! Rain for everybody :) They work for worms which they seem to catch on their own, so I guess they do this gratis, and for fun. I've been worried about over working them, but so far, they've responded when called. I think they enjoy freaking out the human, 'cause Lord knows they've managed that, lol. Man, I can't wait to set them on a credible winter weather threat...it could be epic. No more dry slots for Tony :)

They travel underground, so I think we just have to hope their powers migrate thru the ethers, and the soil. You are a long way off in Mole terms, and there be mountains, lol. Plus Haarp has put up so many rain eliminators along state borders. And I heard just yesterday, on the History Channel, that aliens are controlling our weather!!! It has to be true, because it must be history to be on the History Channel, right? It sure would explain the GFS, and the Doc. Aliens like to freak out humans, too!! T

Heavy rain outside right now...

I love that sound...

It's been so long since I've heard the rain pounding on the shingles like it is now...

:maprain:

It only just started here mid afternoon, but it is a nice, steady gulf type rain, that I've long missed. If we could pull one or two of these a week we'd get well by winters end. T

Tony, the moles were on duty today. They're going to be working some overtime too: Rain in the forecast for the first part of tomorrow too. I've accumulated 0.49 inch since midnight. That's not quite as much as the totals further south and west of me, but I'm not complaining after the incredibly dry October and November. It was cool, cloudy, foggy, damp, etc. today. Perfect!

1.8 here, so far, and still maybe a bit to come. The furry, blind guys came through again, and I'm impressed with the GFS. Right at what it was computing for me. The ground is sloshy, the sky is drab, everything is dripping...just what you want when the gulf is open. Hope it is just one of many this winter!! I did catch a dry slot last night, but with the totals I got, I'm not overly upset about it. I'd just like to never see another. T

Archived