Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2013 Obs

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Spann this morning

James Spann B'ham FD on scene of moderate to heavy structural damage due to storms on in North Birmingham... Finley Ave and 11th Place North. Setting up command post. From Skywatcher John Talbot. No severe weather signature on radar at the time...

Birmingham Fire/Police Update: Command post at Old Finley/11th Pl North. Several houses with moderate damage, 3 confirmed houses with severe damage, 1 commercial structure with damage and a lot of debris throughout the area. Business "Motion Industries" in North Bham, roof blown off the structure. Searching the area. EMA has been requested.

Farmers Market - 116 Finley Ave. Roof appears collapsed, significant damage to the buildings on that property. Several "Roll Down" doors damaged.

From Spann this morning

James Spann B'ham FD on scene of moderate to heavy structural damage due to storms on in North Birmingham... Finley Ave and 11th Place North. Setting up command post. From Skywatcher John Talbot. No severe weather signature on radar at the time...

Birmingham Fire/Police Update: Command post at Old Finley/11th Pl North. Several houses with moderate damage, 3 confirmed houses with severe damage, 1 commercial structure with damage and a lot of debris throughout the area. Business "Motion Industries" in North Bham, roof blown off the structure. Searching the area. EMA has been requested.

Farmers Market - 116 Finley Ave. Roof appears collapsed, significant damage to the buildings on that property. Several "Roll Down" doors damaged.

Wow that line of storms looked impressive all night.

Just had what seemed like a summer popup compressed into less than 1 minute: sprinkling of rain, suddenly becoming *slamdrenchheavy* with sheets of it blowing around, and what sounded like small hail hitting the roof. I stopped typing this, went to check/confirm hail at the window (didn't see any), and it had already lightened up considerably.

Other than the rivers gushing from the roof downspouts, there's no indication anything happened :) Just light sprinkling rain and some thunder.

Looking at the radar, the interesting blob at the top of the line will be/is passing just north of here.

Its raining! I've seen .07" over the last four weeks so this is more than welcome.

Finally, finally got some drops falling at 2:15, while everyone up to the north has seen rain for hours. Reminds me of the last bunch of snow falls. Everyone north gets hours and inches and I get minutes and squat, lol. Except it ain't funny! Dry slots, and rain holes, suck!!! T

Edit: Wow, complain a bit and the Moles heard me. It is pouring out there now a half hour later. Just pouring.... T

There's a bit of fog about this morn. And as they say:

When fog's hanging low on the 10th of December

There'll soon be a deep fall of snow to remember.

I will second your new saying :wub: it's been foggy here for the past week. Actually...there has been more fog the past month or so than this whole year combined :lol:

Over an inch now and still falling. Thanks Moles! And thanks sw flow bring in the rain with the heat. I'll take it. Give me a few more gulf storms and I'll be ready for after Xmas cold, super cold. T

Wooo Hooo!!! Glad to see you cashing in :hug:

.60" of welcome liquid goodness here.

Sweet!! :weight_lift::thumbsup:

Nothing here yet but another mid 70's day <_<

I will second your new saying :wub: it's been foggy here for the past week. Actually...there has been more fog the past month or so than this whole year combined :lol:

Wooo Hooo!!! Glad to see you cashing in :hug:

Sweet!! :weight_lift::thumbsup:

Nothing here yet but another mid 70's day <_<

Thanks, Darlin'! I ended up with 1.5 in the front yard, and two tents less in the back, so I'm going with 1.4. Great, great day down here, a bit of thunder, and it wasn't 70 either. Wow, I needed this rain, and it makes me feel much better about winter in general.... if the flow gets into the gulf, it still knows how to find me! Sleet come Jan! But I may have to get through some zrain first. Can't believe I got more than Marietta after watching the radar seemingly dumping on them up there....dang it sure pays to be buddies with the Moles, lol. T

Archived