Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Snowstorm Pics Thread

Deck Pic

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's sad, nay, pathetic that we keep harkening back to 2009-2010. I don't blame folks for doing it - it was an awesome winter - but it's ridiculous that we haven't been able to eek out anything since the lucky January 2011 storm.

I asked last year if anyone would have traded 09-10 for climo the following 3 years and I got laughed at. I would have traded it then and even moreso now. 

I asked last year if anyone would have traded 09-10 for climo the following 3 years and I got laughed at. I would have traded it then and even moreso now. 

Nope, still not worth it, and I still lol at anyone who claims to love snow and wishes 09-10 never happened.

Nope. Wouldn't trade it for a damn thing. Heck, had the two in Feb never happened, I still wouldn't change a thing. But I'm bias to the day, of course. :)

Nope, still not worth it, and I still lol at anyone who claims to love snow and wishes 09-10 never happened.

I love having snow every year more than having some long ago memory of snow while I waste 10% of my remaining expected lifespan not even using a shovel or seeing my kids sled. 

I guaranty one more snowless winter may change some minds. Feast or famine absolutely sucks. 

I love having snow every year more than having some long ago memory of snow while I waste 10% of my remaining expected lifespan not even using a shovel or seeing my kids sled. 

I guaranty one more snowless winter may change some minds. Feast or famine absolutely sucks. 

I don't know Bob. I think I could endure a couple more consecutive painful winters and 2010 would still be worth it. Look at the pictures you posted earlier, how could you trade that for several average winters. I feel pretty good about having a close to climo season this year but if it is another dud then we simply have to accept the one in every 6 or 7 year theory.

I don't know Bob. I think I could endure a couple more consecutive painful winters and 2010 would still be worth it. Look at the pictures you posted earlier, how could you trade that for several average winters. I feel pretty good about having a close to climo season this year but if it is another dud then we simply have to accept the one in every 6 or 7 year theory.

I probably view the world differently on this issue. I lived in the rockies for 7 years. We had some blockbusters and some thin years. The thin years sucked but it always snowed "enough". If it didn't snow for an entire season then there would have been lines at every high bridge. 

I personally can't stand snowless years. No blockbuster can make up for 3-4 snowless ones in a row to me personally.

I probably view the world differently on this issue. I lived in the rockies for 7 years. We had some blockbusters and some thin years. The thin years sucked but it always snowed "enough". If it didn't snow for an entire season then there would have been lines at every high bridge. 

I personally can't stand snowless years. No blockbuster can make up for 3-4 snowless ones in a row to me personally.

hate to put it in these terms, but it is what it is

it's like trying to choose between having an ugly, sleazy girlfriend vs. a hot, proper one

2009-10 was not only a once in a lifetime winter that we may never see again, but it's a winter that most of SNE and probably the vast majority of America outside the LES zones and mountains will probably never get to experience (esp when you consider our back to back blizzards when some of us had 20"+ from both storms only days apart). I value it way higher than 3 average winters and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Archived