12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November Banter and non-weather Discussions

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not anymore. The NBA started calling techs for players flopping this year. That's why Kentucky's coach said that if it was the NBA the Duke players would be suspended. Even some NBA players said something last year about Duke players flopping.

Kentucky players cant even talk. Listen to their interviews same thing when he was at memphis. It goes on all through college basketball

He's in my thoughts and prayers! I have a 5 year old,when he was 18mths,they heard a heart murmer,and it got worse when he was 2.we had to take him to a pediatric cardiologist for alot of tests on several different occasions.its pretty seriou stuff for young kids and parents to have to deal with.

Hey guys Big Frosty son is 9 and has to go to Doctor about his heart. He bent over double today at school and was taken to ER. Test came back good but has to have more run next week. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

thanks

He's in my thoughts and prayers! I have a 5 year old,when he was 18mths,they heard a heart murmer,and it got worse when he was 2.we had to take him to a pediatric cardiologist for alot of tests on several different occasions.its pretty seriou stuff for young kids rand parents to have to deal with.

My wife had surgery in 2006 for a mur mur caused by a hole in her heart. They found it in 1991 when she had cancer as a teenager. Surgery was fine and back to normal next day

Hey guys Big Frosty son is 9 and has to go to Doctor about his heart. He bent over double today at school and was taken to ER. Test came back good but has to have more run next week. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

thanks

You got it. Thankfully these days, once they know something is going on and begin to look into it, there really isn't much they can't fix. Hopefully this is nothing serious at all. I'll hope for a bad reaction to a cafeteria lunch.

Weren't you calling for a '"big dog" east coast snowstorm around Thanksgiving?

No it was the "Thanksgiving timeframe" that I picked up on two weeks ago using simple synoptic pattern recognition and was giving it a 60% chance BTW smile.png

November 11

Wxeastern is expecting a big dog snowstorm around the Thanksgiving timeframe. Mainly due to the AO/NAO starting to tank into negative territory near Turkey day. I expect this to be a Nor'easter type of system because the synoptic pattern will be very favorable with blocking directly north of the eastern US. Its still a good ways out but very strong signals are showing theirselves in support of a significant east coast storm. It will have alot more cold air to work with than the last Nor'easter due to it being closer to a more favorable climo period.

The small scale details are impossible to pin down at this range but I would say this has a 60 percent chance of happening due to the phasing aspects being modeled early by certain members of guidance!

This is my rough guess at a stormtrack and a rough idea of where the snow might fall. The different thing with this nor'easter is that it should start much further south than the last one did.That will give it more time to deepen! Keep in mind this is still over a week away and it will change to a certain degree as always with systems this far out! Stay tuned!

72102_328672513907174_732696933_n.jpg

And I am still calling for it too! I admit I thought it would happen around the 23rd-26th! I now think I will miss it by a day or three too early from two weeks out if it verifies!

Why do you ask?

No it was the "Thanksgiving timeframe" that I picked up on two weeks ago using simple synoptic pattern recognition and was giving it a 60% chance BTW smile.png

And I am still calling for it too! I admit I thought it would happen around the 23rd-26th! I now think I will miss it by a day or three too early from two weeks out if it verifies!

Why do you ask?

Ohhh okay. I will just keep waiting then.

Why do you ask?

I'm right there with you. I think based on synoptic patterns the SE gets some snow Dec. 1 - 7...or the 7 - 31st. I think I may miss it by a few days though but it's a month out if it verifies! Wow!

Article on the Euro model - http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/2012/11/european-scientist-how-we-improved-our-forecast-model-and-how-its-reliant-on-u-s-satellite-data/

"NASA and NOAA are having difficulty planning replacements for our current satellite fleet. Does that threaten your model?

I can’t send you any picture yet, but what we are doing at the moment is running an experiment where we deny all of the satellite data in the case of Hurricane Sandy, so we can see what the impact will be. The preliminary results show that the storm stays over the sea. It’s basically 24 hours too slow, and it hits Canada instead of New Jersey. When we finalize this little study it will really show the importance of the satellite data. That’s a clear message from us, to have the satellite data, to have a state-of-the-art observing system, is key for forecasting and modeling in general."

Where are all the mets? The board is pretty dead these days, even with it looking like a great pattern is developing for winter. I thought more people and mets would be posting on the thread about the upcoming pattern the end of this month.

It's Thanksgiving week. First we eat, then we forecast.

One of my new favorite winter weather stations. This is Baffin Island, way up near the NW passage and Arctic Circle. They use a Davis Vantage Vue station and even have a live webcam,

http://www.wundergro...sp?ID=INUNAVUT2

And a little further north, almost as far north as you can go on land is a little settlement called Eureka.

And you think it gets cold here. http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=79.98000336%2C-85.93000031 Eureka, Nunavut.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?brand=wxmap&query=33.978500,-83.881104&zoom=5

Archived