• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter and non-weather Discussions

WilkesboroDude

several mets are talking about Thanksgiving week could get interesting. I hope we get a good amount of rain, Pilot Mt definitely could use the help

Modelwise, I'm seeing nothing of great interest wintry precipwise or coldwise for the nonmountain portions of the SE US for the next two weeks or so fwiw. Then again, November very rarely produces sig. wintry precip. for most of the nonmountain SE.

OTOH, I am enjoying the pleasantly cool fall weather. This is a fun time of year for outdoor activities.

I'm probably going to give the autumn leaves a grade of a B or so for the Atlanta area (with a peak near 11/5 (pretty close to the avg. peak date), which was just before the good rains of 11/6 knocked off some leaves). There have been some very pretty colors (I enjoyed some just yesterday in Gwinnett county) but a fair number of leaves were blown off by Sandy and some trees never got as colorful as they have in the past.

Edit: "Black Friday" starting on Thanksgiving is beyond ridiculous.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Modelwise, I'm seeing nothing of great interest wintry precipwise or coldwise for the nonmountain portions of the SE US for the next two weeks or so fwiw. Then again, November very rarely produces sig. wintry precip. in the nonmountain SE.

OTOH, I am enjoying the pleasantly cool fall weather. This is a fun time of year for outdoor activities.

I'm probably going to give the autumn leaves a grade of a B or so for the Atlanta area. There have been some very pretty colors (I enjoyed some just yesterday in Gwinnett county) but a fair number of leaves were blown off by Sandy and some trees never got as colorful as they have in the past.

I agree, but some have said keep an eye on thanksgiving week. The earliest i have seen a accumulating snow was on december 4th. Never in November

No one should take WxEastern seriously.

Can't we all make up our own minds regarding the quality of information from different posters? I've appreciated his input to the board, just as I appreciate your comments typically.

Can we cease with the personal attacks, though? We can disagree with different weather analysis and still be civil...I think...

Can't we all make up our own minds regarding the quality of information from different posters? I've appreciated his input to the board, just as I appreciate your comments typically.

Can we cease with the personal attacks, though? We can disagree with different weather analysis and still be civil...I think...

It's not a personal attack. It's not a personal thing. It's a "he cant forecast his way out of a wet paper sack" thing.

I would hope that our posters on this forum have a higher standard than tearing down another poster to whether he can forecast or not.

I would hope so too. This is the type of community that is full of individuals with degrees in the subject, that's what's interesting about this forum. If you're going to put your stuff out there, you should be ready to handle any and all criticism...personal attacks or not. I do, however, believe there are better ways to go about saying someone is wrong or that you disagree, but I digress.

I would hope so too. This is the type of community that is full of individuals with degrees in the subject, that's what's interesting about this forum. If you're going to put your stuff out there, you should be ready to handle any and all criticism...personal attacks or not. I do, however, believe there are better ways to go about saying someone is wrong or that you disagree, but I digress.

I have no clue though how you really do that politely. Either you can forecast or you can't. I never take it personally when someone takes me to the woodshed on doing PBP and I get it wrong. Either I'm wrong or I'm not. I think the issue is that when your polite, others will read that as you reinforcing that they may be correct, so then the person is taken more seriously until it gets to the point where there is a blowup. Just my two cents. As for personal attacks you will always be attacked Jon for having a pretty girl in your pictures. whistle.gif

If those that think what Queencity said was bad, you certainly wouldn't of been able to handle the way it used to be. Back in the WWBB and early Eastern days, some were here to try to hurt your feelings. And worked a lot of the times. lmaosmiley.gif

Oh I can hadle it I would just think that the SE forum has a higher standard than others about posting negative crap, but it is what it is. Hope everyone has a great evening!

I have no clue though how you really do that politely. Either you can forecast or you can't. I never take it personally when someone takes me to the woodshed on doing PBP and I get it wrong. Either I'm wrong or I'm not. I think the issue is that when your polite, others will read that as you reinforcing that they may be correct, so then the person is taken more seriously until it gets to the point where there is a blowup. Just my two cents. As for personal attacks you will always be attacked Jon for having a pretty girl in your pictures. whistle.gif

True, that's my bad...I'm sorry. pimp.gif

If those that think what Queencity said was bad, you certainly wouldn't of been able to handle the way it used to be. Back in the WWBB and early Eastern days, some were here to try to hurt your feelings. And worked a lot of the times. lmaosmiley.gif

and I dont see that as a bad thing. It drove us all to learn as much as we could and be better as posters and not make silly posts or threads if we werent ready, if that makes sense. It just goes along with our nature in this country now that every opinion is important and valid and every one is a special little snowflake that deserves to be heard.

Nowadays on this board, it seems like people are happy being intellectually lazy and sticking to IMBY posts or making up storm threats where, in reality, there are none.

and I dont see that as a bad thing. It drove us all to learn as much as we could and be better as posters and not make silly posts or threads if we werent ready, if that makes sense. It just goes along with our nature in this country now that every opinion is important and valid and every one is a special little snowflake that deserves to be heard.

Nowadays on this board, it seems like people are happy being intellectually lazy and sticking to IMBY posts or making up storm threats where, in reality, there are none.

I agree...I remember reading forever before making my first post and even then I was scared that I might get jumped on. Like you said, you made sure what you were posting was correct. As I'm sure you remember, back then there wasn't a southeast forum. We were all fighting w/ the mid-atlantic and notheast to try to get any info we could for us down south and it got ugly sometimes.

Good post. The days when we had no SE thread were burtal at best. At Least we have a banner thread now!

I agree...I remember reading forever before making my first post and even then I was scared that I might get jumped on. Like you said, you made sure what you were posting was correct. As I'm sure you remember, back then there wasn't a southeast forum. We were all fighting w/ the mid-atlantic and notheast to try to get any info we could for us down south and it got ugly sometimes.

THANK YOUUUU Internet........ axesmiley.png

Archived