joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter and non-weather Discussions

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the ACC can layeth the smacketh down on the Big Ten when all is said and done this year. So far, NCSU, UNC, and FSU have not done a good job of that. Right now, Miami is up and Clemson is down. I think UNC will improve and be a good team by the end of the year, though they got rolled last night. My Wolfpack need to D it up a little bit and learn how to not foul so much. If they do that, they should finish in the top 3 in the conference.

Well, Duke did their part last night and Miami had a nice upset win over MSU, but I don't think it was enough. That's three wins over top-5 teams already for Duke this year to bring their overall record to 7-0. I don't think many people expected that start from them this year, but it's a welcome turn of events. Mason Plumlee is playing at such an incredibly high level right now. Next up: the Delaware Blue Hens...

Well, November is almost gone at it looks like December is not going to be good for snow lovers. It looks like it could be seasonably cold, but not stormy. That trough near Alaska is screwing up everything. Need to get it out of the way and hopefully keep the -NAO. It's hard not to be negative, but it doesn't look good so far for the first part of winter, and those are just the facts based on what we are seeing now.

Well, November is almost gone at it looks like December is not going to be good for snow lovers. It looks like it could be seasonably cold, but not stormy. That trough near Alaska is screwing up everything. Need to get it out of the way and hopefully keep the -NAO. It's hard not to be negative, but it doesn't look good so far for the first part of winter, and those are just the facts based on what we are seeing now.

Take that non-banter to the weather threads.

Just thought I'd throw a shout out to my 49ers. It's the first time in about a decade that my school has looked like they've had an actual basketball team. They may actually start to be relevant again I don't know. Fun team to watch too, not pretty, but man I was impressed with their unselfish play and DEFENSE. Go niners!

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&SPID=44799&SPSID=363433

Well, Duke did their part last night and Miami had a nice upset win over MSU, but I don't think it was enough. That's three wins over top-5 teams already for Duke this year to bring their overall record to 7-0. I don't think many people expected that start from them this year, but it's a welcome turn of events. Mason Plumlee is playing at such an incredibly high level right now. Next up: the Delaware Blue Hens...

Well I don't really care for Duke but you have to give credit where credit is due so hats off to them .I'm diehard Carolina .Always have been .Always will be.Roy's teams don't usually peak til march .Saying that the free throw shooting is horrible .I remember when Dean Smith was the coach.His teams may not have had the most tallent but they could shoot free throws.A monster dunk or 3 point shot from nearly halk court is nice but you've got to hit the free throws .They do count.This is a no weather banter right?

Well I don't really care for Duke but you have to give credit where credit is due so hats off to them .I'm diehard Carolina .Always have been .Always will be.Roy's teams don't usually peak til march .Saying that the free throw shooting is horrible .I remember when Dean Smith was the coach.His teams may not have had the most tallent but they could shoot free throws.A monster dunk or 3 point shot from nearly halk court is nice but you've got to hit the free throws .They do count.This is a no weather banter right?

Roy recruits guys that csnt read or write generally going all the way back to Kansas. He recruits street ball players where free throws dont matter

Don't be so sore that it consumes your "input" to the banter thread. Besides, if you were really expecting a snowy December in the first place, you should probably reassess the way you read/look at/listen to weather related information. It might even be a good idea to just go ahead and perform a full demolition and start over - just sayin'.

Roy recruits guys that csnt read or write generally going all the way back to Kansas. He recruits street ball players where free throws dont matter

What about the 2009 team that won the NCAA basketbal championship?Didn't he recruit those players? i'm asking because I really don't know.

Weather changes usually, and it will. First of December won't be the last of December.

Does anyone know how often Robert updates his weather on his site? I joined yesterday and just checked his sight for today's write up of the weather for the future but it still has the 28th's weather up and no 29th. Thanks

I've updated, and usually do once per day, or every other day at the least. Thanks !

Archived