joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Sandy

Ginx snewx

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ain't nothing but a chicken wing..........such is life, natural disasters hit all around the world just looks as if its our time this time. Scott Ryan Will anyone could anyone give me there best guess as far as real water rise, thats surge with astro and wave action taken into account, I have thought somewhere around 10 ft possibly higher.

Thanks!

Ain't nothing but a chicken wing..........such is life, natural disasters hit all around the world just looks as if its our time this time. Scott Ryan Will anyone could anyone give me there best guess as far as real water rise, thats surge with astro and wave action taken into account, I have thought somewhere around 10 ft possibly higher.

Thanks!

I don't have knowledge of that area, only forecasts from NWS, but the setup first piles water in from east, then SE winds will push it onto shore during evening.

Thanks!

Stay safe Giuseppe and heed the evacuation orders they have for you. GET OUT

I also want to thank all for the analysis from the Mets, the Well informed, The Alarmist, and amateurs; a lot of good info over the last 7 days and it is almost game time. I will be out working during the storm, and will try and report what I see across CT; all others be safe and enjoy this historic event.

Thanks!

Good luck down there--are you in the evacuation zone? I think Fairfield Beach road will have severe damage just based on what happened in 92

How about NYC proper? The mayor seems to be saying they'll be okay but what about flooding in the city proper?

Winds already randomly rattling windows here. What a storm. Hopefully FEMA is ready in jersey, ny

Bloomberg seems to be so out of touch in situations like this. If this hits NJ at around 0z or slightly after when it's high tide and the SE winds are piling water into NY Harbor, a lot of people are going to be screwed. Really hoping this slows down some so at least this can hit at low tide. Terrible situation about to unfold here and it seems a lot of people aren't taking it that seriously.

How about NYC proper? The mayor seems to be saying they'll be okay but what about flooding in the city proper?

Winds already randomly rattling windows here. What a storm. Hopefully FEMA is ready in jersey, ny

I wish the souls in NY good luck.

It's a given that many deaths are coming.

I can't believe the Mayor or NY is this arrogant.

I live 10 miles from St. Louis, MO and it makes me so sick I couldn't sleep. The mayor is a joke and when a few hundred dead bodies(pray if you are religious that it doesn't happen) pile up on him, he will be done.

this mean woman is already down to 951MB!

Wake up Bloomberg.

Bloomberg seems to be so out of touch in situations like this. If this hits NJ at around 0z or slightly after when it's high tide and the SE winds are piling water into NY Harbor, a lot of people are going to be screwed. Really hoping this slows down some so at least this can hit at low tide. Terrible situation about to unfold here and it seems a lot of people aren't taking it that seriously.

I'm really surprised by his comments was wondering if he'd changed his tune today. By the time he does, if he needs to it'll be too late.

Does anyone know any details (or have a link) about this Columbia University study the media outlets are referencing? The study claimed a storm surge 1' higher than Irene would paralyze Manhattan and inundate the NYC subways. Sounds like the surge from Sandy will be a lot higher than that...

To give you an idea, the entrance to the Ferry subway station located at The Battery/Staten Island Ferry Terminal is 7' ASL. Wouldn't take much, unfortunately.

I only have a few and sent my wife out yesterday to get some supplies while I did leaves..She came home with 0.0 batteriesaxesmiley.png

why bother with leaves--everyone else's will be blown back in your yard....haha. I'm hoping mine all blow in to the woods behind my house-the wind direction is right....

Archived