joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Sandy

Ginx snewx

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Todd Glickman on WCBS 880 was saying they expect landfall between ACY and Sea Girt, NJ. and that the surge would be worse if it came in more toward Sandy Hook. I really don't agree that it matters much with a storm of this size. I think it's pretty irrelevant to the NY Bay storm surge if it comes in 40 miles further south, etc., as long as it is placing NYC to the right of landfall.

For us in coastal SNE, I think a wide turn and then straight back west even to srn NJ is worse. Reason being is that tomorrow night winds are progged to go SE as Sandy moves WNW into NJ. A more west to east track with something into ACY would cause more erly fetch which is worse than SE. Different story on the south side of the Cape, where SE winds would be awful.

I dunno. I'm still having trouble believeing it just screams due west. I still think we'll see some type of NW component to it

Care to elaborate as to why? I'm honestly just interested in following the progression of this system, and seeing where it is heading, and I keep hearing you say it will go east and North, but you never give any reasoning.

Care to elaborate as to why? I'm honestly just interested in following the progression of this system, and seeing where it is heading, and I keep hearing you say it will go east and North, but you never give any reasoning.

My LI LF will be wrong..We've just never seen a storm move due west twds shore..Maybe this will be it..but my gut tels me there is s ome NW component at LF..That's all

Archived