Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Sandy/EC Discussion Part IV

andyhb

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like LF right into NYC at 108.

Although there have been some model swings N & S with the left hook scenario the NJ/NYC area seems to be the idea that keeps coming back into play. Not good in terms of number of people impacted by direct hit. Certainly spares much of interior NEw Englnd catastrophic damage though.

Although there have been some model swings N & S with the left hook scenario the NJ/NYC area seems to be the idea that keeps coming back into play. Not good in terms of number of people impacted by direct hit. Certainly spares much of interior NEw Englnd catastrophic damage though.

The 6z GFS has sustained 30-40 knot winds over the entire region at 105 HR.

Hell I think it was at 99 it has close to 60-70 kt near Nantucket.

Gotta ride it

Wish I could. But, this 06z run is further west. Yet, we have nearly 4 days to go, so as was stated, many small things may cause some big adjustments (good or bad) from both a modeling and end-point scenarios. Seems like we've been tracking this thing forever! A marathon training for the winter.

Unless you are looking at bad coastal flooding, no one is seeing "catastophis damage". Lots of tree damage/power outages over a wide area yes but no one is going to see cat 3 winds with this, even if the 940 mb model predictions are right (and they are likely too deep).

Euro has 60 knot gusts for all of CT and that's with a LF into Delmarva

I don't see that. Euro depiction to me looks like a run of the mill Nor' Easter for most of us...maybe 30-40 knot gusts. South coast of CT into LI sound perhaps somewhat higher.

I don't see that. Euro depiction to me looks like a run of the mill Nor' Easter for most of us...maybe 30-40 knot gusts. South coast of CT into LI sound perhaps somewhat higher.

Chris Shabbott@cshabbott

Even if #Sandy goes DELMARVA do not let guard down New Eng. Euro model landfall MD and still 50-60kt wind gust all of CT. Massive wind field

Expand

Archived