joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sandy/EC Discussion Part IV

andyhb

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wide hook solution that we were seeing from a few of it's ensembles..looks like Block Island/Montauk in the next few frames for sure.

Yup Montauk 18z Tuesday.

Seems slow to me and too far east off HSE.

I would say, however, that the far west trend may come to an end tonight. May wind up focusing on a NJ/NYC/LI landfall?

Just stepped out of the room for a minute, staying at my grandfathers side until he passes tonight...

If anyone with my number can text me what the models are showing it'd be a nice distraction. Been a long night. Take care all.

chris M i'm VERY sorry to hear that. really awful

if you want you can pm me your cell or fb it to me , otherwise i'm sure someone will hook you up with some distractions. sorry man

Just stepped out of the room for a minute, staying at my grandfathers side until he passes tonight...

If anyone with my number can text me what the models are showing it'd be a nice distraction. Been a long night. Take care all.

Chris, I am SO sorry that you're going through a bad time... my heart and prayers go out to you and your family dude.

The GFS is showing the eye slamming into the LI tip as a 956 mb monster at 00Z Wednesday 0ct 31st.

Chris,

I'm very sorry to learn this sad news. Your family and you are in my prayers and have my deepest sympathies.

This run is ridiculous.

Makes first landfall on LI around 117 with pressure of 948... stalls off of NJ... hits LI/CT/RI for a 2nd landfall at 132 with pressure of 966

yes insanity for SNE there, especially since it just scapes South of MVY and block island at hr 111 then makes another pass 20 hrs later (weaker) but wow

Is there a reason why the GFS holds Sandy in a holding pattern around NYC for almost 24 hrs?

Because the synoptic capture is further NE than the 18z run...its the same reason it stalled it near DC on the 18z run. It finally gets pulled NW and then eventually W and SW and stalls when it is completely stacked and captured by the PJ trough.

sandy looks like crap tonite IMO.

http://www.ssd.noaa....ir-animated.gif

this is best at nite , where as i beleive the shear is fooling people into thinking the wv loop shows a circular CDO, the shortwave infared shows, dry air working in on southern half of system and that the southern half has much less l convection, and you can see center best at nite with shortwave IR, (i mean recon is best, then microwave) but to see an animation in real time, i believe this shows the tale of a struggling sandy and shear is puttin a hurtin on her, latest recon found 971 , so significant weakening.

when NHC says 80 knots (and this may be generous) it usually is , latest SFMR are rather unimpressive

The GFS has close to hurricane force sustained on ACK. Nice 100 knot LLJ over a chunk of SNE as well.

There's also two wind pulses...one from the NE initially and then another one from the south as the low retrogrades west. The one from the south hits S RI/SE CT pretty good.

I'm lurking & understanding less than half of the discussion,but:

In the previous thread, WilkesboroDude posted a graphic indicating that UKMET is the most accurate model 120 hours out. According to Wunderground, the UKMET has landfall in the Portland area.

The GFS has close to hurricane force sustained on ACK. Nice 100 knot LLJ over a chunk of SNE as well.

There's also two wind pulses...one from the NE initially and then another one from the south as the low retrogrades west. The one from the south hits S RI/SE CT pretty good.

What do you think inland non elevation gusts to in MA/SNH....I'm guessing around 35-40 kts?

Archived