Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Mid/Long Range Discussion I

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You like dead forums?

I started posting here in masses when the forums were running very slow. I was just trying to bring it back to life, I could care less if it was top notch info. People can go to Robert's site for top notch info.

I am just trying to help start threads and discussions well in advance of the storm. The quality of the discussion is up to the community.

For the record, I'm fine with you posting. At least somebody is.

Maybe I can get a few flakes somewhere in the next couple of days. Looks like anybody with any real elevation might.

I like using the twister-data...def. should not be taken verbatim...won't pick up high elevation extreme totals here...but will still show storm potential.

Here is Instant Weather Maps...

If I am posting too much, throw me on ignore. Won't hurt my feelings I promise. santa.gif

yeah, he's disabled hot links b/c of the bandwidth. thats what makes it a little harder to post his maps now. he used to generate an instant link on imageshack or something.. but took it off. ;/

National Weather Service Greenville-Spartanburg SC

Tuesday night through Thursday

Snow levels should fall to around 3500-4000 feet. There isn/T much low level cold air...and while the valleys could see a brief period of snow around sunrise...this should be a high elevation event. In fact...snow levels should rise to near 5000 feet Wednesday afternoon as the upper forcing weakens. Using a 10-1 snowfall ratio I get some 2 to 3 inch totals at or above 4000 feet Tuesday night...with another inch or so on Wednesday with the high elevation snow spreading across the northern mountains these totals are not high enough for a Winter Storm Watch...but I will add mention of accumulating snowfall to the severe weather potential statement.

Great. More snow for the AT. It's already pretty difficult hiking up there - and I guarantee you the AT will see another 6" out of this.

Worth watching...it is certainly the right time of the year.

I do NOT want any storms................The last few years as an insurance agency owner has about killed me. I almost feel like we live in the plains with all the Tennessee storms and wind the last 3 years (especially April 2011). I need a multi-year break is all I am saying.

I do NOT want any storms................The last few years as an insurance agency owner has about killed me. I almost feel like we live in the plains with all the Tennessee storms and wind the last 3 years (especially April 2011). I need a multi-year break is all I am saying.

It has been a rough period. I can imagine you have been through hell! I have been spending some time in Knoxville recently and I am amazed at all the hail damaged cars that I see.

Looks like the PNA starts out strongly negative then goes mildly negative, the NAO strongly positive(for a while then seems to go close to neutral) and AO incredibly positive for the next 2 weeks at least. I'd imagine that even if that changed soon, you'd be looking at a possibly warm thanksgiving because it takes a week to 10 days for them to flip and effects to be felt.

Well, I like seeing some cold high pressure diving deep toward Texas, and pushing a line of storms eastward in the mid term, but I don't like how it warms up, and peters out, on the southen end by the time it makes it to Ga. Hopefully, we can get some severe, or at least energetic, down here, for some more good rain. T

Not sure I agree with this. Check out the 12z model teleconnections from today. All point toward NAO going negative.

http://raleighwx.ame...linegraphs.html

They do go negative by the 23rd but the effects wouldnt be felt until the 1st week of December. Basically, outside of the negative departures from this week, the rest of the month could setup to be milder relative to normal.

They do go negative by the 23rd but the effects wouldnt be felt until the 1st week of December. Basically, outside of the negative departures from this week, the rest of the month could setup to be milder relative to normal.

Good....

Cold November’s are just a waste of snow making resources.... imo.

Why is it so quiet on here? Does anyone see any fantasy storms in the future? Never seen it this quite. There surely is something showing up for 300 hours from now or is it that bad the next couple of weeks?

12z GFS

Great lakes system around 138hr

Another system around 264hr but that doesn't look right, something to watch...

hr384 huge trough, 0c line all the way down to the gulf coast

18z GFS

hr144, cold chasing moisture in the apps

hr204, 1009 low over TX....again

hr372 NE snow 985mb low off the coast of MA, not a nor'easter though (energy comes from Canada, phases over great lakes) but how that storm handles the energy will determine where that low bombs...kind of stupid to even talk like this so I'll stop, haha.

Good news, active pattern for November...seeing a few shots of cold air with the 0c line coming into the SE and the NE/Great lakes cashing in in a few mini-storms is exactly what we want to see right now.

But yes, NO fantasy storms as of yet in the LR, but overall pattern doesn't look too bad for 11/7.

Archived