Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Southeast Mid/Long Range Discussion I

WilkesboroDude

Big snow build up long range GFS...

And supported by the other longer range models...Euro ENS/weeklies, and CFS...we are probably headed to a wet and mild relative to normal period for mid to late November. I am a little more intrigued by winter now with the rapid build up of Eurasia snowpack as well as this build for W Canada and the northern Plain coming.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wet aspect of the upcoming pattern will be great!less than .60 for the month of Oct. imby,not a drop from Sandy.its very,very dry.good to see the snow pack wanting to build up,so when Dec rolls around we can get some good cold down here with the moisturea

And supported by the other longer range models...Euro ENS/weeklies, and CFS...we are probably headed to a wet and mild relative to normal period for mid to late November. I am a little more intrigued by winter now with the rapid build up of Eurasia snowpack as well as this build for W Canada and the northern Plain coming.

EURO and CMC have a VERY interesting set-up on todays 12z runs. Verbatim, the EURO would be too warm for snow (in the mtns) but it wouldn't take to much more cold air to make it happen. CMC, (naturally colder model) has enough cold air where the NC mtns (and maybe NE GA) see some snow as well. going to have to watch this one really closely IMO...GFS is too progressive, as usual. lets see who wins.

EURO and CMC have a VERY interesting set-up on todays 12z runs. Verbatim, the EURO would be too warm for snow (in the mtns) but it wouldn't take to much more cold air to make it happen. CMC, (naturally colder model) has enough cold air where the NC mtns (and maybe NE GA) see some snow as well. going to have to watch this one really closely IMO...GFS is too progressive, as usual. lets see who wins.

What are the 850 temps on the Euro? CMC is just cold enough for snow.

I was thinking that same thing, it just kind of has that look to it like there could be a little surprise. On the Euro those 850's are just to the north and it's just a timing issue. Either way if the Euro is right it's at least a good soaker for GA and NC.

What day is that on the image?

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discussions/hpcdiscussions.php?disc=pmdepd

EXTENDED FORECAST DISCUSSION

NWS HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL PREDICTION CENTER COLLEGE PARK MD

322 PM EDT THU NOV 01 2012

VALID 12Z SUN NOV 04 2012 - 12Z THU NOV 08 2012

...NOR'EASTER POSSIBLE FOR MID-ATLANTIC/NEW ENGLAND STATES BY

ELECTION DAY INTO NEXT THURSDAY...

This storm looks better than anything we had to track all last wintet! Snow would be awesome,and have seen a few small events in early Nov,But,I would be very happy with a big rain event

The wet aspect of the upcoming pattern will be great!less than .60 for the month of Oct. imby,not a drop from Sandy.its very,very dry.good to see the snow pack wanting to build up,so when Dec rolls around we can get some good cold down here with the moisturea

It's probably too early for snow down here yet but we certainly do need some rain. October was indeed dry in our part of SC.

Hopefully we get into a wet pattern before too long. Also hope we do get some snow this winter since I never saw the first flake

of it last winter.

00z Euro was pretty darn close for someone in the SE to see some flakes. Both it and the 00z GFS have big rains for NC. On the Euro precip is moving in while there is a wedge of cold air almost CAD like...but it quickly scurries away as soon as the heavy precip moves up the coast. This could get interesting for someone if the Euro keeps it up. GFS was much wetter but also much warmer. We'll probably end up with a blend of both...just a cold cold rain.

2m temps/precip/snowmaps just as precip is moving in

khZ20.png

RZ4WS.png

N6fuP.png

My weather budget goes to..... weatherbellstardi...

Well for all the jb haters he nailed sandy before it wad even a storm. He said a storm would form and hit northeast. He said that 3 wks ago and it made landfall within 30 miles where he said it would a week befote it did. So the let the bashing begin. As far as a budget u eat out more in a month that jb or Robert charges. Both combine 26.00 a month.

Well for all the jb haters he nailed sandy before it wad even a storm. He said a storm would form and hit northeast. He said that 3 wks ago and it made landfall within 30 miles where he said it would a week befote it did. So the let the bashing begin. As far as a budget u eat out more in a month that jb or Robert charges. Both combine 26.00 a month.

I do? :unsure:

I was thinking that same thing, it just kind of has that look to it like there could be a little surprise. On the Euro those 850's are just to the north and it's just a timing issue. Either way if the Euro is right it's at least a good soaker for GA and NC.

Rain is boring. Cold rain is awful. To quote your avater, cold rain - NO! NO! NO! Snow - YES! YES! YES!

Yes I remember him talking about the MJO so watch for development in the Caribbean, and he thought it would be a big threat to NE!!!

Allan Huffman just put out his winter forecast. He said he thinks the southeast will see normal, if not above normal, snow this winter, but it may be more front-loaded.

Here's the forecast. It's in two parts.

http://www.examiner.com/article/winter-2012-13-forecast-part-1?CID=examiner_alerts_article

http://www.examiner.com/article/winter-2012-13-forecast-part-2?CID=examiner_alerts_article

Archived