12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
September banter/boredom thread

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant the little game, the constant never ending little troll jabs......time for a new schtick..........I just dont have the desire to go into the nyc thread and constantly passively aggressively troll you.

I like talking the departures...as climate avg i like to look at....rather not talk about this on a day like this...just enjoy the day and remember.....jabs will stop

How can you say that when you look forward to humidity returning? You lead the pack with that, yet you are saying you enjoy one of the coolest summers in years?

7th coldest summer on record here....despite an above average August. Coldest June/July combo on record though...which is why.

This place in CT is the one of the best radiators in all of New England..It's a hidden low spot amongst the hills in NW CT

Joe Furey@StormFurey

Bakerville CT. 33 degrees with very light FROST and lots of FOG this morning!!!

That part of New Hartford sucks for snow though. Falls Village and Bakerville are great radiators.

This place in CT is the one of the best radiators in all of New England..It's a hidden low spot amongst the hills in NW CT

Joe Furey@StormFurey

Bakerville CT. 33 degrees with very light FROST and lots of FOG this morning!!!

Bakerville is 5 or so minutes from my house...if you go there and see it it makes sense as to why it's a good radiator.

Yeah I agree. Sunday night I forecasted a colder wed am than tue am.

Sometimes these nights with the high overhead and some WAA aloft are when winds are dead calm and it becomes like the surface of the moon. Good WAA aloft though so it may not be perhaps the most ideal, but temps should drop right at sunset. Probably huge delta T tomorrow.

It's easy to understand when every day is a top 10 day.

Why is it strange that I would like weather? Thats why I am here, because I like all types of weather. The only weather I do not care for is dry/bitter cold in winter, thats brutal and boring. How could you not like a day like today? Sure I prefer warmth, and love humidity but its September lol, you guys are strange.

Why is it strange that I would like weather? Thats why I am here, because I like all types of weather. The only weather I do not care for is dry/bitter cold in winter, thats brutal and boring. How could you not like a day like today? Sure I prefer warmth, and love humidity but its September lol, you guys are strange.

lol

It was a Tuesday as well, 11 years ago. I was sleeping in as I had a lab class at 1pm. Didn't go that day.

Yes, it was a Tuesday. In fact, today is eerily similar. Same cobalt blue sky, great visibility, and that same crisp feel. Not a cloud in the sky. None of us will ever forget where we were that morning and what we were doing....

Went to Mike's Maze in Sunderland this past Saturday, always a great time. Their maze is always very well done, but this year I didn't feel it was as amazing as in years past. Still, it is always worth the trip.

the_sowersbanquet-h1-524x550.jpg

Yes, it was a Tuesday. In fact, today is eerily similar. Same cobalt blue sky, great visibility, and that same crisp feel. Not a cloud in the sky. None of us will ever forget where we were that morning and what we were doing....

Went to Mike's Maze in Sunderland this past Saturday, always a great time. Their maze is always very well done, but this year I didn't feel it was as amazing as in years past. Still, it is always worth the trip.

the_sowersbanquet-h1-524x550.jpg

Still an incredible maze just more obscure image than years past. We're going this weekend. I've chatted with farmer Mike many a winter evenings quaffing fine ales at the Peoples Pint. Great guy and one of the hardest workers you'll ever meet. He farms a field that's a stones throw from the back of my property.

So that weenie spot in CT actually got light frost? I'm impressed, didn't think anyone would in SNE. Even all the usual cold spots in MA looked like they didn't quite get cold enough for frost...maybe an isolated borderline case.

Still a lot of upper 30s though reported. Pretty decent chill down amidst the warm pattern we are in and will continue to be in for at least another week or so. Though there are signs of changes starting in the central US by next week...and could push toward us for the latter part of the month.

Cold never gets old.

Have a great day everyone, be thankful we are incredibly lucky and blessed.

How short a memory you have... there was quite a bit of excited temperature talk here in the spring. Those days of first hitting 70F and then 80F, etc.

People like change. Obviously many enjoy cold more, but in general this marks a change from the last 4 months of the same thing over and over again.

62/40 yesterday, crispy, and since our windows had been open like it was still summer, the house got a bit chilly in the evening, though not enough to tempt woodstove use. Wind stayed up most of the night, so I didn't get the good radiational cooling until late. Had a tad under 50 at 9 PM, 46-47 at 5 AM, then 39-40 when I left at 6 :30. If the wind had quit last evening, I might've had a run at low 30s. I'm also guessing that tomorrow morning will be cooler than today, 35-37 range.

So that weenie spot in CT actually got light frost? I'm impressed, didn't think anyone would in SNE. Even all the usual cold spots in MA looked like they didn't quite get cold enough for frost...maybe an isolated borderline case.

Still a lot of upper 30s though reported. Pretty decent chill down amidst the warm pattern we are in and will continue to be in for at least another week or so. Though there are signs of changes starting in the central US by next week...and could push toward us for the latter part of the month.

Gc frosted

Archived