• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September banter/boredom thread

CoastalWx

Well the next week will be boring. We warm up as 570 thicknesses approach wit a low going west. Looks like onshore flow develops and keeps most areas cooler during the day, but nights will be milder. Rain maybe early next week.

But, the first real hemispheric shuffling and amplification as far as I'm concerned. This really is more for interests...I'm not implying record cold or anything like that.

Notice on the 6-10 day mean we start seeing a ridge poking up from Siberia and also into western Canada. This will first the first trough to dive south into the Great Lakes later next week and probably give is a glancing blow of cooler wx...but could have a strong fropa or low develop on it I suppose.

post-33-0-38942700-1347311266_thumb.gif

This goes into the 11-15 day. This again may send another cool shot deeper into the US and perhaps maybe more of a coastal low developing...but that is way out there and getting a little ahead of ourselves. The point is .....we are seeing a nice yo-yo pattern develop...something we didn't quite see last fall.

post-33-0-05814900-1347311276_thumb.gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the next week will be boring. We warm up as 570 thicknesses approach wit a low going west. Looks like onshore flow develops and keeps most areas cooler during the day, but nights will be milder. Rain maybe early next week.

But, the first real hemispheric shuffling and amplification as far as I'm concerned. This really is more for interests...I'm not implying record cold or anything like that.

Notice on the 6-10 day mean we start seeing a ridge poking up from Siberia and also into western Canada. This will first the first trough to dive south into the Great Lakes later next week and probably give is a glancing blow of cooler wx...but could have a strong fropa or low develop on it I suppose.

post-33-0-38942700-1347311266_thumb.gif

This goes into the 11-15 day. This again may send another cool shot deeper into the US and perhaps maybe more of a coastal low developing...but that is way out there and getting a little ahead of ourselves. The point is .....we are seeing a nice yo-yo pattern develop...something we didn't quite see last fall.

post-33-0-05814900-1347311276_thumb.gif

Serial derecho en route??? :arrowhead:

It was 39-40F at 1pm on the thermometer at work...highest I saw all day was 42F.

Winds gusting to 40mph made for a cold day...you can't prepare for it, after all summer the body just isn't ready for standing outside in that for 8 hours. Absolutely chilled to the bone but love it.

Congrats. Down to 58* here. I missed 40's this morning, but I might get there before midnight, especially if this wind can die down a bit.

Impressive!

Yeah, the second push of cold air this morning really brought the wind and chill with it. After some upslope rain last night, it was 43F up top at 9am, but then it slowly ticked down all day, ending up at 39-40F. I guess it makes sense as we aren't all that far from H85 at the top, and those temps dropped to +2C or so... so no surprise we fell to around +4C/40F at 3,700ft.

MWN is now down to 31.7F with a 69mph wind and a wind chill of 13F. Now that's impressive!

Yeah, the second push of cold air this morning really brought the wind and chill with it. After some upslope rain last night, it was 43F up top at 9am, but then it slowly ticked down all day, ending up at 39-40F. I guess it makes sense as we aren't all that far from H85 at the top, and those temps dropped to +2C or so... so no surprise we fell to around +4C/40F at 3,700ft.

MWN is now down to 31.7F with a 69mph wind and a wind chill of 13F. Now that's impressive!

Hike anyone?

A bit colder than my 54/44 with a 6mph.

Almost perfect conditions for radiational cooling tonight. I expect a few 30s in the usual elevated valleys. Still not really buying frost anywhere down in SNE, but I suppose in the magic of GC there could be isolated frost pockets.

You have to figure with the leaves off the trees up there..they should be able to drop to 32 or lower

Archived