12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
September banter/boredom thread

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was down in the City today covering the 9/11 anniversary. Interviews moved me to tears a few times. Tough to listen to the stories all these years later. What made today almost eerie in a sense was how similar the weather was today to 9/11/01.

I was down a ground zero a few times prior to this new memorial they made. When I was there in 2003...when it still looked like a skeleton of itself...it was the most eery feeling I've ever had. I don't know how to describe it...just a feeling that comes over you.

I was down a ground zero a few times prior to this new memorial they made. When I was there in 2003...when it still looked like a skeleton of itself...it was the most eery feeling I've ever had. I don't know how to describe it...just a feeling that comes over you.

Yeah I went down about a month after and it was just like you describe. Seeing it now with 1WTC near completion it's a weird dichotomy between life going on as normal (people rushing through the PATH station or heading to lunch from work) and watching people come to remember the nearly 3000 who died there. Spoke with one couple today who lost their son who worked at cantor Fitzgerald (678 enoloyees died) and it was incredibly moving. The father is a WW2 vet who was on Utah beach in DDay. He said the only happy day he's had in 11 years is the day his daughter in law called to tell him OBL was dead. He said he and his wife opened a nice bottle of bourbon and started working on it.

Not in this house..If/when we move to another neighborhood in town..that house will def have Central air. I'm sick of moving these beasts each spring/late summer/early fall

I'm spoiled with it now in our condo, but my guess is our next house probably will not have it....unless I somehow come across money.

Yeah I went down about a month after and it was just like you describe. Seeing it now with 1WTC near completion it's a weird dichotomy between life going on as normal (people rushing through the PATH station or heading to lunch from work) and watching people come to remember the nearly 3000 who died there. Spoke with one couple today who lost their son who worked at cantor Fitzgerald (678 enoloyees died) and it was incredibly moving. The father is a WW2 vet who was on Utah beach in DDay. He said the only happy day he's had in 11 years is the day his daughter in law called to tell him OBL was dead. He said he and his wife opened a nice bottle of bourbon and started working on it.

Sad day and lots of bad memories for those folks. I too went down there shortly after. Too surreal especially since we had been to Windows of the World the previous summer. I will go back once the construction is complete.

I hope your new house is 650 ft or so.

I may put in central air in next few years (especially given my horrible torch location). I have forced hot air and all the duct work so I

Don't think it's so bad.

Yeah I'd love to have it. Most if the newer hoods in town here have it. I always forget about the water in them when I take them out. It never fails to spill all over me and the floor

Archived