joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2012 obs/discussion

Ian

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just have to be in the right spot it seems. Feast or famine despite the widespread QPF shown.

You got that right. I don't think I got more than a quarter inch in the last 5 days. Just could get underneath anything decent. I got plenty of humidty though. Air that feels like warm olive oil is so fun to do yardwork in.

From the posts here it looks like MBY may have come in dead last. Is there anyone on here that's come in under my .07" event total? I see KOKV reported .06", but I'm close enough to them to claim it as my own in this case. I'm curious to see the final precip map. I've heard some impressive precip totals but wonder just how widespread was the precip.

From the posts here it looks like MBY may have come in dead last. Is there anyone on here that's come in under my .07" event total? I see KOKV reported .06", but I'm close enough to them to claim it as my own in this case. I'm curious to see the final precip map. I've heard some impressive precip totals but wonder just how widespread was the precip.

Not very widespread. 0.11" in MBY since Friday. Here's the last 72 hours in the area:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/marfc/Maps/xmrg/past72.png

Not very widespread. 0.11" in MBY since Friday. Here's the last 72 hours in the area:

http://www.erh.noaa....xmrg/past72.png

Not very widespread at all, really. Thanks for that map.

Still almost comical to see that tiny area of gray centered just S of Winchester (right over MBY), although there was a complete lack of impressive moisture over the N Shen Valley. Seems like the models really whiffed on this event, especially in the I-81 corridor.

Archived