• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
TS Isaac Banter Thread

Product: Air Force Vortex Message (URNT12 KNHC)

Transmitted: 26th day of the month at 15:44Z

Aircraft: Air Force Aircraft (Last 3 digits of the tail number are 309)

Storm Number & Year: 09L in 2012

Storm Name: Isaac (flight in the North Atlantic basin)

Mission Number: 21

Observation Number: 06

A. Time of Center Fix: 26th day of the month at 15:27:10Z

B. Center Fix Coordinates: 23°38'N 80°57'W (23.6333N 80.95W)

B. Center Fix Location: 83 miles (133 km) to the SE (141°) from Key West, FL, USA.

C. Minimum Height at Standard Level: 1,393m (4,570ft) at 850mb

D. Estimated (by SFMR or visually) Maximum Surface Wind: 56kts (~ 64.4mph)

E. Location of the Estimated Maximum Surface Wind: 56 nautical miles (64 statute miles) to the N (351°) of center fix

F. Maximum Flight Level Wind Inbound: From 58° at 48kts (From the ENE at ~ 55.2mph)

G. Location of Maximum Flight Level Wind Inbound: 61 nautical miles (70 statute miles) to the NNW (341°) of center fix

H. Minimum Sea Level Pressure: 996mb (29.41 inHg)

I. Maximum Flight Level Temp & Pressure Altitude Outside Eye: 19°C (66°F) at a pressure alt. of 1,401m (4,596ft)

J. Maximum Flight Level Temp & Pressure Altitude Inside Eye: 20°C (68°F) at a pressure alt. of 1,524m (5,000ft)

K. Dewpoint Temp (collected at same location as temp inside eye): 16°C (61°F)

K. Sea Surface Temp (collected at same location as temp inside eye): Not Available

L. Eye Character: Not Available

M. Eye Shape: Not Available

N. Fix Determined By: Penetration, Radar, Wind, Pressure and Temperature

N. Fix Level: 850mb

O. Navigation Fix Accuracy: 0.02 nautical miles

O. Meteorological Accuracy: 5 nautical miles

Remarks Section:

Maximum Flight Level Wind: 48kts (~ 55.2mph) in the north quadrant at 15:04:00Z

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just checking the local sites, have not seen anything yet on evacuations.

I'd hate to be in their position right now. There's probably somewhat less motivation when you're looking at what is currently a tropical storm and not a hurricane (let alone a major).

I'd hate to be in their position right now. There's probably somewhat less motivation when you're looking at what is currently a tropical storm and not a hurricane (let alone a major).

Which could lead to a disastrous outcome if we see rapid intensification over the interior Gulf.

Which could lead to a disastrous outcome if we see rapid intensification over the interior Gulf.

Yea, this could turn out really bad. We will be 48hrs from landfall shortly, and with Isaac being a weak TS there is no reason for people in NOLA to take it seriously. And as others have noted, the longer it takes to strengthen the less likely an ERC is to occur prior to landfall. If Isaac undergoes RI tomorrow (which isn't likely per-se but with warm waters and a well developed eye it is possible) then it could take a lot of people off guard. A rapidly intensifying hurricane only 24 hrs from landfall would leave NOLA little to no time to prepare and evacuate.

My money is on NOLA leaders having learned little and being stuck on stupid. I have been following the Twitter feed on Isaac and a woman in the midwest wants the NOLA track, as it brings more rain to the drought-ridden midwest. She said that NOLA would be fine with a Cat2 storm. She seems to not know that Katrina's winds in NOLA were Cat1 and flooding was the problem.

This is horrible timing for the Louisiana fishing industry. Alligator season starts this week and fishing for various species of fish is currently at its prime. They could take a real hit in the wallet.

hearing about most oil companies shutting down in the GOM, oil prices FTL

Gas prices went up to $5.02/gallon here on Civic Holiday at the beginning of the month for whatever reason other than a long weekend. It's the Labour Day weekend approaching... $5/gallon again! This time the "excuse" will be a hurricane. :axe:

be prepared for gas prices to spike. there are a lot of refineries in the area and combine this with speculation and I think prices could easily increase by 10% over the next week. (they increased about 20% as a result of Katrina)

Ugggggh. I'm really dreading this.

i'll just come out and say it

this is starting to look like Katrina #2

Even though I HATE HATE HATE to make comparisons to the storm that shall not be named... Here's the forecast track for both that and TS Isaac as of the 11 AM advisory on August 26. Just goes to show that one should ALWAYS respect the cone of uncertainty!

Another interesting tid-bit is that storm made landfall on August 29... The NHC's forecast track for TS Isaac has it making landfall August 29... I'm not going to stir the pot any longer... :lol::P

post-1807-0-21831800-1346004764_thumb.jp

Archived