• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
TS Isaac Banter Thread

and the IR image does not look "impressive" too.

ok so in this post you

-posted an image unlabeled as WV or IR, but you mentioned IR, in which case I don't see how you can tell where the dry air is from an IR map

-circled an area of "dry air" to the south of Isaac that won't really effect it

-posted a GFS image of shear....from 12z today.

-posted another unlabeled map, which I assume is OHC...from 2 days ago...and randomly circled two areas that are different colors and offered no explanation as to the meaning of the circles

A+ reasoning.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok so in this post you

-posted an image unlabeled as WV or IR, but you mentioned IR, in which case I don't see how you can tell where the dry air is from an IR map

-circled an area of "dry air" to the south of Isaac that won't really effect it

-posted a GFS image of shear....from 12z today.

-posted another unlabeled map, which I assume is OHC...from 2 days ago...and randomly circled two areas that are different colors and offered no explanation as to the meaning of the circles

A+ reasoning.

if you can't tell that that iv the water vapor then you should not be on the board. and you have a ton of opinions yourself, but no facts?

if you can't tell that that iv the water vapor then you should not be on the board. and you have a ton of opinions yourself, but no facts?

You're the one who mentioned IR.

Here are facts:

1. Shear is forecast to weaken

2. Dry air will not be overly prohibitive

3. I can't say anything in response to your "energy in the ocean" comment because every time I say it I lol and and my train of thought.

But hey, if it doesn't end up strengthening to the Cat 3 that the NHC is not forecasting, you can always claim you knew all along it wouldn't.

yall are gonna be mistaken when yall have hyped this to be the apocalyptic storm is only gonna be at MOST a category 2 hurricane. have fun hyping ;D :D i don't think the storm can hear you.

Who here is saying Isaac is going to be a Cat 5 monster? First you said the media is overhyping it, and now we are? Where's these facts you were supposed to give us? Oh wait, you don't have any. You really should stick to lurking, you make yourself look much less stupid in the end.

It must be expanding its wind field. Winds right now in West Palm Beach are the strongest they've been all day.

Jeff Masters talked about this today...basically he thought it was likely the pressure would get low but the expansive wind field would make it very difficult to get past cat 2.

Getting a lot of higher winds showing up on Key West radar. No doubt in my mind that Isaac is likely strengthening.

The bands on radar are in a good spot for deepening. They are are going right in the center without doing too many laps. An eye like spot is also showing.

yall are gonna be mistaken when yall have hyped this to be the apocalyptic storm is only gonna be at MOST a category 2 hurricane. have fun hyping ;D :D i don't think the storm can hear you.

You do realize that the blue colors you circled in the OHC map is in fact the loop current which has extraordinary OHC and the picture incorrectly depicts it with the wrong color, don't you?

. We never said cat5, we just did not agree with your reasoning as to why not, really you just never know which makes weather so much fun.

Using IPad or IPhone or BB so my grammar may suck.

Covington, LA would be my choice if the current NHC track verified, just 1000 miles away. Going to sleep now and will make the chasing decision in the morning, and then promptly go.... might start packing now since the center seems to be going towards the east side of the cone and it is gaining latitude quicker.

. Watch some videos of Katrina, that will change your mind.

Do you have any vidoes you know off hand? Supposedly Katrina response was terribly slow etc. Taking that into context, I know is IF Issac hit NO (im def not sold on that at all) then people would need some help.

naked eye would say the center is jogging/relocating further north. I'm not buying it. will be interesting to see how the storm develops over the next 4 to 8 hours...
This below I think tell the story

http://radar.weather.gov/radar_lite.php?rid=byx&product=NCR&loop=yes

Do you have any vidoes you know off hand? Supposedly Katrina response was terribly slow etc. Taking that into context, I know is IF Issac hit NO (im def not sold on that at all) then people would need some help.

YouTube has plenty of videos and read back some news reports it was horrible. Also they most likely will not let anyone in. National Guard would be called in to prevent looting etc.

Archived