Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
TS Isaac Banter Thread

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YouTube has plenty of videos and read back some news reports it was horrible. Also they most likely will not let anyone in. National Guard would be called in to prevent looting etc.

Using IPad or IPhone or BB so my grammar may suck.

Don't forget, the MS gulf coast had the worst impact and the worst damage. Had the levies not failed in NO from the surge, the city would have been fine.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. That feature is quite deep and has been quite persistent. Additionally, there was no good center fix where the old center was located. If I had to guess, my bet would be that this feature is going to be dominant and that the winds will eventually respond (which perhaps they haven't quite done yet on the leg that recon has flown, though they haven't really gotten close to this feature yet).

They turned back south too. Can they please go in to the northern section...

Ed,

I could very well be wrong, and often am in the weather biz, but I interpret the "apparent" repositioning as an apparition - the mid and low levels are still quite out of sync. This thing doesn't have the gusto to create its own atmosphere yet. The whole mess appears to be sliding WSW toward La La land

Reading actual pro-met thread, with apparent center reforming North under MLC, Eastward solutions seem quite possible. I'd put Mobile at the mid point of my unofficial Ed-cone.

Edit- radar suggesting North of 5 pm NHC track Alabama- Heart of Dixie.

BYX_loop.gif

Particularly not that city. That city is extremely dangerous in the best of times.

Sent from my Milestone X 2

If this does indeed become another disaster for them I hope these imbeciles who get displaced don't pull the same stunts they did in 2007. I had a buddy nearly killed over 600$ in cash he kept in his office in Atlanta at the time when some desperate displaced NO refugees who had relocated there decided to hold him up. They were caught about a week later when they tried the same thing again at a place where there were surveillance cameras.

Ed,

I could very well be wrong, and often am in the weather biz, but I interpret the "apparent" repositioning as an apparition - the mid and low levels are still quite out of sync. This thing doesn't have the gusto to create its own atmosphere yet. The whole mess appears to be sliding WSW toward La La land

I don't know. The center might have jogged North to be under the center of the big blob of convection, but the big blob itself seems to be moving WNW to NW, so the Louisiana/Mississippi models may be right.

That is why nobody pays for my forecasts. Strictly amateur status. Like the NCAA

ir2-animated.gif

Euro looks like a Mobile AL. landfall. It is slightly slower than the GFS at this time, which allows the western ridge to build in a bit stronger keeping Isaac a bit east of NOLA. But the model looks a bit suspicious to me at h54 it's in a area of weakness, same at h60, at h66 it appears that he gets pick up by the trough, but goes back to being cut off at 72 and just sits and spins over AL. Having said that it seems as if it has some support of the UKMET but I only have that model out to h72. I think the forward speed of Isaac will be the determining factor in its outcome. The GFS has the support of the Gem. It looks like a GFS/Gem solution, vs Euro/UKMET. I am a real fan of the Euro, but right now based on how the GFS handled Debby I would there is about a 70% of the GFS/GEM having the right idea.

I forgot to mention that IMO the GFS about 4 days ago was the only model showing this moving through the slot that is the FL straights. At this time I would say the GFS solution has about a 85% chance of verifying as to the area of landfall...intensity is another thing.

Planning on leaving at 8 am or earlier, about a 17 hour drive to coastal MS which will put me there just after midnight Wednesday, about 12 hours ahead of the storm which is just about perfect. Enough time for a power nap and plenty of time to figure things out if it takes longer than expected. I'm planning on stopping around I-10 since that's a good place to go back and forth across the coast, and it's mostly elevated.

A certain JB wrote that article.

he who shall not be named didn't directly compare Isaac to any storm, but managed reference to both Hurricane Camille and the 1900 Great Galveston Hurricane (Cat 4) 9 minutes ago on Twitter.

I didn't actually read the Drudge headline. I was looking for latest CA earthquake news and Drudge is a big earthquake junkie.

I'm replying to this in the banter thread since it's banter. It's going to be surprising for Florida residents who are under hurricane warnings and watches, especially since the news is hyping it as usual. Pulling the trigger for the hurricane warnings and watches this morning was a bad choice at this junction IMO, since they could've waited a little more to see what happened with Hispaniola. Now there's a big swath of Florida preparing for a hurricane they'll never get, and that'll make some people stop listening to forecasts, especially newcomers. I hope the NHC pulls down the hurricane advisories this afternoon at the very least to minimize the damage being done. I'm also starting to think this 36-48 hour system is a terrible idea. In the past hurricane advisories wouldn't have been issued in southern Florida for a storm like this.

I couldn't disagree more with this post.

nice call Turtle

Archived