northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
August 2012 Obs/Discussion Thread

Marion_NC_WX

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The horrible drought in GA continues. Much of Metro Atlanta in an exceptional drought. 1.60" here for the month and I wouldn't be surprised if that's my final total. No real good chances of rain anytime soon. I haven't had a storm that produced 1" or more in over 2 months. And with our "dry" season now approaching, it should only get drier.

It's rained here 7 days this month, for a total of 1.60". That's only an average of .23" each time it rained ! Hard to erase a drought that way.

Got ya beat --- 7 days/1.13". We picked up a staggering 0.05" in 2½ hours of steady light rain last night :D

Yep nothing even close to what they called for but the upside is it didnt interfere with this

I was watching WRAL (my family is a Greg Fishel family) and the met said that the bust was due to the front being off further to the east than they had anticpated and thus most of NC being in the post-front dry air.

That is a bit of a bummer for me because Wilson missed out on the activity on Tuesday and last night. Oh well, they still say that it is supposed to be unsettled tomorrow and all of next week.

Lol, sorry, it's sad, but I had to laugh at this one :) I picked up a tenth this morning, and was underwhelmed until I read your post. Now I feel priviledged :) Tony

LOL Tony - we might as well laugh! Shoot, this afternoon, I got drizzled on from an outflow that passed through around 6:30 -- at my niece's -- 5 houses away, but it quit while I was walking back home to my place, where we got nothing!!! :D

I was watching WRAL (my family is a Greg Fishel family) and the met said that the bust was due to the front being off further to the east than they had anticpated and thus most of NC being in the post-front dry air.

That is a bit of a bummer for me because Wilson missed out on the activity on Tuesday and last night. Oh well, they still say that it is supposed to be unsettled tomorrow and all of next week.

Yeah, I didn't think the front was supposed to even come close to the coast, but it sure has pushed South and East awful far. I guess this will delay the return flow tomorrow, holding off our better chances of rain until tomorrow night and Monday.

post-658-0-91493400-1345339123_thumb.gif

Looks like some of y'all are getting a good soaking this morning! Hoping that batch coming up from the Charlotte area will slide off to the East some as it moves up the state.

Meanwhile, the sensors at KJNX must be in wishful thinking mode along with me... this is the current status ... "

tsra.png

Thunderstorm in Vicinity

72°F

Well, the closest returns right now are Durham and beyond! LOL

Yep nothing even close to what they called for but the upside is it didnt interfere with this

OMG! That looks yummy :D

Once again, the northern half of the state does well while the rest get hardly anything. I had a whopping 0.10 this morning. Break out the drinks. :rolleyes:

Almost a half an inch here after being missed the past several days ;) I'm looking forward to more as the week progresses :wub:

Archived