joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/19-12/20 threat

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's unusual that the Euro hasn't joined the party yet. I'm wondering it it's tendency to mess up with energy in the southwest is inhibiting it from having enough of a southern stream reflection. I wouldn't be shocked it if does a very fast about face here at 12Z or 0Z and has a big hit for NE and ultimately maybe far ENY also.

Of course the GFS comes with it again, did you expect anything else ?

if the GGEM and UKIE come significantly west...the Euro will too and then we can type "as we thought"

I'm glad I refrained from melting down after the EURO last night; the fact that the EURO changed so markedly with respect to the N stream told me all I needed to know about that stability of that whiff scenario, though I would REALLY like to see the EURO display a hit in a bit over an hr.

I'm glad I refrained from melting down after the EURO last night; the fact that the EURO changed so markedly with respect to the N stream told me all I needed to know about that stability of that whiff scenario, though I would REALLY like to see the EURO display a hit in a bit over an hr.

That vortmax coming from the Rockies completely energizes this. The models have been on and off with this. Now the GFS is on.

If the Euro doesn't budge then I'll still be disappointed

I like the way that northern stream closed low is getting way back to the MB/ON border...... and the 50/50 low moves nicely off or gives way..... This is nothing like last year and will be a bigger hit in NE than the MA. . It could still be a little too far east for ALB, but we're still in the game especially the deformation as the low gets off Mass and ME.

That vortmax coming from the Rockies completely energizes this. The models have been on and off with this. Now the GFS is on.

Like I said last night, the strength of the SW is far, far more easily correctable than the evoloution of the PV, especially prior to the SWs arrival on the N American shore.

Archived