joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Storm Disco (Dec 18th & 19th)

WeatherNC

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is cool. Frosty is our hook up on the JB.

I love to hear what anyone has to say.

I agree... and I was not taking a shot at anyone here on the board, don't get me wrong. I wasn't really pointing at the SE crew... read all up and down the NE boards and they just think he talks to Jesus. I get a little sick of it.

And to answer Weather Czar's question, I remember quite a few systems last year while on Eastern that he completely blew. I wish I had the time to go back and find them. His prediction for the SE over all last year was right on the spot though, I give him that.

We need to keep our eye on the obs. Don't forget Jan 2000. The models were prediciting about what they are now back then and everyone knows how that turned out.

Well, here comes our flat sw through TX, also note the stalled boundary along the FL panhandle. Not expecting anything but -RN here, although a Sunday outing to the north for a little sledding would be a win!

post-382-0-81573000-1292613402.png

It looks to me like the NAM gives far Northwest GA and SW NC a decent snow tomorrow morning....

It also looks like Charlotte would switch to snow Saturday afternoon with 1/2 of liquid falling...:whistle:

Of course I'm screwed here in the typical lee side boundary layer warmth bullcrap.

Afreakingmen...

30hr 18z map is impressive for central NC....is it catching on to something or just an outlier. This has to be one of the most unique modeled storm in quite some time. I'm not sure what to believe at this point!

Here is the link for the 30 NAM slim. Link due to the fine setting!

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/nam/18/images/nam_ref_030l.gif

Why do we continualy quote JB? Do some of you think of him as the Godfather? He completely whiffed last December... why would this one be any different? :thumbsdown:

Where did he whiff last winter. He did pretty good here. His forecast came out in August when does your come out? I would like to read yours. No he definitely not Godfather but as good as any on long range forecasting. If you don't like him don't read him. Some of us enjoy his comments. No he is not perfect but none of us are.pimp.gif

It looks to me like the NAM gives far Northwest GA and SW NC a decent snow tomorrow morning....

lol don't look now at the nam.

well here we are about what, 24 hours out, and what a difference. gsp just updated - nothing here. then i saw that post. i gotta say that does seem to show at least some moisture in here and that magical blue line is close. . .all indications are for nothing here but then how do you explain what those maps are showing in n ga to ne ga and the extreme sw nc/upstate? lol we just cant seem to win. nothing is shown for your area most of the week, a day before nothing, then this :rolleyes: i give up :popcorn:

nam_pcp_024s.gif

More into SWNC

Also NC-cen getting in on it at 30

nam_pcp_030s.gif

LOL! Come on NAM :weight_lift::weight_lift: ... that would indicate a nice little snow for the CLT area if it were to varify......

I'm glad it's friday and I can go drink my self silly tonight and then when I sobber up tomorrow what will happens happens

LOL! Come on NAM :weight_lift::weight_lift: ... that would indicate a nice little snow for the CLT area if it were to varify......

I'm glad it's friday and I can go drink my self silly tonight and then when I sobber up tomorrow what will happens happens

lol...ditto! esp after i looked at my soundings under the precip. close but not really quite there :yikes:

once again though, the 850's warm between 0Z and 6Z

I would not worry about that to much, the 30hr panel is the one to be concerned with and shows the triangle <0C at 850, and this is the sim at 30hrs. This would be an isothermal event wile the with heavier returns, and the mid-levels warm once it shuts off.

nam_ref_030s.gif

The 36 hr sim shows that it is over for you.

Geez, It looks like the big winners this run would be a very thin stripe from about foothills house up to Raleigh, NC... If this actually verified the heart of the stripe of snow would probably add up to 3 to 5 inches.....

The NAM's snowfall output lays down 1-2 inches although it sometimes under does precip amounts.

Archived