joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Storm Disco (Dec 18th & 19th)

WeatherNC

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You almost knew it was a lock for a big storm when the NGM was wet. That used to be my sigh of relief during the anxiety of reeling one in.

I for one wish they would take the EURO back to its old resolution. Don't know how its verification scores have been since then but it was at least had some run to run consistency.

Love the temp detail page. Very intuitive!

Thanks! I'm working to get the past years data into it. I'll be doing one for rainfall also. I also have a table for the current month:

http://www.daculaweather.com/monthly_records.php and starting in January will have the same type table for the yearly data.

I like where the low is. If I could get some freezing down to Macon or Perry I'd be sitting pretty. I like being on the northern edge of the shield.

Finally got some rain last night. 1/4 inch. Nothing to get giddy about but it hasn't exactly been piling up around here. If the freezing line doesn't make it down I hope at least the rain line makes it up here. The only thing better than cold rain around here is sleet and snow. T

I guess I have a higher standard. Its not an event if you can still see the dog turds in your yard.

Now that made me chuckle, thank you jburns.laugh.gif

Quick question guys, why is it that the slp is so extremely strung out. It even appears to me the main player actually goes throw Tampa Bay and shoots out well into the Atlantic before it actually hands off the energy to the coastal. Does it all have to do with that short wave not catching up in time?

Now that made me chuckle, thank you jburns.laugh.gif

Quick question guys, why is it that the slp is so extremely strung out. It even appears to me the main player actually goes throw Tampa Bay and shoots out well into the Atlantic before it actually hands off the energy to the coastal. Does it all have to do with that short wave not catching up in time?

It is all about the shortwaves and phasing on time. This is one where I could get burned forecast wise either way.

WRAL Meteorologist Elizabeth Gardner mentions how the models are changing run to run... http://www.wral.com/...24/#/vid1076424

Seldom do they mention that, so they feel our pain or we feel theirs, whichever.

Good luck to those making forecasts or call maps for this event!

Such is life when it comes to forecasting snow in NC.

What a difference a day makes...lol. Currently it's 60 deg under sunny skies. Not exactly "winter like" weather, but I'll try to enjoy today and hope the rain shield makes it to mby tomorrow :) GFS shows about .50 and the NAM gives just over .60....at this point anything that falls will be welcome :hug:

COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT SC

MONTH: DECEMBER

YEAR: 2010

[TEMPERATURE DATA] [PRECIPITATION DATA]

AVERAGE MONTHLY: 37.8 TOTAL FOR MONTH: 0.57

DPTR FM NORMAL: -10.5 DPTR FM NORMAL: -1.03

November total precip = 1.46

WRAL Meteorologist Elizabeth Gardner mentions how the models are changing run to run... http://www.wral.com/...24/#/vid1076424

Seldom do they mention that, so they feel our pain or we feel theirs, whichever.

Good luck to those making forecasts or call maps for this event!

If I get burned I hope I went too low :) I somehow think it could be the other way though (disco and fcst on my site):

nc-call2.jpg

Archived