wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
End of June apocaheat

Ji

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kudos to the NAM. Nailed it. And to the Euro from range. GFS surface temps blow.

Funny how different it was up here. NAM was a complete choke job. It had widespread mid to upper 90s and even near 100F...BOS was 79F last hour with most of the region probably struggling to upper 80s today. MET MOS had BOS hitting 100F on yesterday's 12z run IIRC.

GFS always seems to be too cool in the core of heat domes and NAM performs a bit better but if you aren't right in the path, NAM seems to do terrible.

I can't wait til softball at 6. :axe:

No kidding. I have my end-of-season tourney all day tomorrow. The organizer called me to see if it was going to be cooler. I said yes. After a pause, I told him only by a couple of degrees and that the DP's would be higher. I feel a little bad for playing him like that. Watch me pass out from heat exhaustion as a result...

sorry to hear this. can I distract you with some local wx trivia--do you know off the top of your head the hottest temp ever out here? I am guessing it was back in the 30s.

OOH OHH, I know I know

Martinsburg hit 112 degrees on 7/10/36

Sorry Craig, hope it is just a quick rolling brown out type of thing and it gets back on soon

OOH OHH, I know I know

Sorry Craig, hope it is just a quick rolling brown out type of thing and it gets back on soon

Thanks, Dave. When I reported the outage, they said they'd have it restored by 6 p.m.

Trixie: Hottest days at MRB

112: 7/10/1936

108: 8/5/1930

107: 7/26/1934

107: 7/11/1936

107: 7/15/1936

107: 7/16/1936

107: 7/16/1988

Archived