Newest Member
    joxey
End of June apocaheat

Ji

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Denver isn't in the Rockies

Nope. Denver summers were brutal. Dry heat my rear end. It's hot.

It's amazing how 75 miles to the west is. So close but a different planet. My house was at 9,400'. I remember scraping frost off my motorcycle seat many times in July before going to work.

It snowed on July 4th four years out the of the seven i was there. One time it even snowed in the valley floor. Most of the time it would be 11-12k+ only. It would never stick around long but it was quite a sight seeing fresh snow on all the ranges during the summer.

1st time summer tourists never came prepared either. It used to freak them out when the sun would drop and 75 would drop into the 40's within just a couple hours. Monsoon season was a little depressing. Beautiful mornings followed by mid 50's and rain in the afternoon. Almost the entire month of august could be like this but not always. If anyone is wants to go to the CO rockies in the summer, I strongly recommend not going in August.

LWX still keeping forecasted highs below 100 in the area...at least my area. It looks like they've bumped us up 1 degree each day, so we're now at 97, 98, 97 and the low-mid 90s continue on well into next week.

climo matters.. most people won't forecast record highs (particularly monthly etc) without being realllllly sure.

Almost always a smart move.

i do think we'll end up pretty close tho the hottest day might be sunday here? i would expect at least one day of 100+ for DCA and could easily be 2-3, tho i'd lean against friday getting there for now.

i do think we'll end up pretty close tho the hottest day might be sunday here? i would expect at least one day of 100+ for DCA and could easily be 2-3, tho i'd lean against friday getting there for now.

Will be interesting. Not in the main thermal axis, but dry and down sloping may win the day. NAM is still over 100 for Friday. The euro last night did hint at Sunday possibly being warmer.

I don't pay alot of attention to getting 100+ heat. I have to assume that we need the higher mins first right? Lows close to 80? If so, I would guess that highs will step up a degree or 2 from Fri-Sun with Sun being the most likely 100+ day?

If we do hit 100+ on Friday then look out! It's gon be a brutal weekend. I have 100 pavers to haul and set for a firepit patio. About 2,800lbs. At least it's shady in my woods. lol. I wonder how many gallons of water I'll drink this weekend.

I don't pay alot of attention to getting 100+ heat. I have to assume that we need the higher mins first right? Lows close to 80? If so, I would guess that highs will step up a degree or 2 from Fri-Sun with Sun being the most likely 100+ day?

If we do hit 100+ on Friday then look out! It's gon be a brutal weekend. I have 100 pavers to haul and set for a firepit patio. About 2,800lbs. At least it's shady in my woods. lol. I wonder how many gallons of water I'll drink this weekend.

Not necessarily on the lows. Especially when dry.

In-flight wifi rules.

Archived