joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of June apocaheat

Ji

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one thing that's interesting is that 500 heights don't get super crazy as in some recent heat waves. i guess it doesnt matter with the 850 temps and it's still plenty ridgy but we never fully leave nw flow thru the weekend it seems.

NAM MOS has 104 for BWI tomorrow and 102 for DCA. It's possible I just forgot how to forecast.

edit: and no, i didn't expect it to be "cold" but figured we might struggle past 100.

NAM MOS has 104 for BWI tomorrow and 102 for DCA. It's possible I just forgot how to forecast.

edit: and no, i didn't expect it to be "cold" but figured we might struggle past 100.

O'Hare just got their first triple digits since '05. IND is 2 away from their all-time reading. This wave has balls. Again, always tough to call for an all-time record though.

O'Hare just got their first triple digits since '05. IND is 2 away from their all-time reading. This wave has balls. Again, always tough to call for an all-time record though.

oh definitely.. no doubt about that. but still almost all our recent heat waves we've been solidly under the upper ridge rather than on the edge. but 850s are super torchy so... i do think we'll have a few tricks to contend with possibly.

Signs that you've had warm air advection overnight: IAD only drops to the mid 70s despite near calm winds and DPs in the low-mid 60s.

84.7 on my station, and we've gone parabolic.

I love it when we go parabolic. It gets me hot.

Archived