Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Cool down and trough return June 23rd-27th seals the deal

Ginx snewx

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All along I've felt Boston would finish below. But it still will be slightly below and if this is the greatest negative departure in15 months it's astounding. With our recent luck, we may bold 5 below (June-October) before booking 4 above (November-February).

The 00z Euro depicts more troughing here in New England after a glancing blow of transient warmth. Things are going great for those of us that fon't like the high heat. The Warministas may have to consider relocating to the south land.

It is going to be very rough in that area over the next few weeks...brutal!

i hate this debate. LOL.

i should never go into these threads/this conversation.

It always sucks me in, but I have to try real hard not to get into it daily sometimes haha. Its so pointless and no one ever changes their mind no matter what facts do or don't say.

Only 3 more months of "is it hot or not? Please argue your personal perception, and add facts if they support you're spin agenda."

For what it's not worth the 06z DGEX brought 90, 90, 91, 93, 98 ...5 days of it to BOS. Coastal plain only on west wind. Everyone else in the interior was mid or upper 80s, but even there on that 5th day they get well up into the 90s. HFD is 100 or 101 on the 5th day.

f180.gif

I'll second the unrelenting torch...

Upper 50s and low 60s during the afternoon at the end of June is just a brutal torch. Upslope enhanced rain all day here so far. Small droplet low level induced rain.

Exactly the same conditions here today. Raw. Just an absolute inferno. If it weren't for the rainsuits we would have been incinerated. Whew, I need to sit in front of a fan for a while.

Where's LL with the daily numbers?

Just an impressively cold day for late June, dude.

I've had a high of 59F at my place, and a low of 52F so far since midnight. It looks like I may be able to get to midnight without hitting 60F as its currently 56F and raining. Montpelier ASOS has had a high of 58F so far today, but MVL looks like it did touch 60F at one point. BTV's high is 61F. Currently 47F on Mansfield with a NW wind gusting to 50mph... nice.

I'm impressed with highs in the 50s this time of year. Hoodies and long pants have been broken out today because its also breezy with upsloping NW flow.

Highs in the 50s across the Greens and up here in the north/central VT valleys, southward into the 2K region of the Berks.

TORCH!

I've had a high of 59F at my place, and a low of 52F so far since midnight. It looks like I may be able to get to midnight without hitting 60F as its currently 56F and raining. Montpelier ASOS has had a high of 58F so far today, but MVL looks like it did touch 60F at one point. BTV's high is 61F. Currently 47F on Mansfield with a NW wind gusting to 50mph... nice.

I'm impressed with highs in the 50s this time of year. Hoodies and long pants have been broken out today because its also breezy with upsloping NW flow.

Highs in the 50s across the Greens and up here in the north/central VT valleys, southward into the 2K region of the Berks.

TORCH!

I love it!

Unfortunately, it ain't gonna last. The U.S. as a whole is about to enter a truly special sort of hot anomaly, one that perhaps does not come by but once ever so many blue moons. We're looking at +SD push the 6th and 7th ranks with 27C at 850 in a well mix environment for places like Columbus Ohio.... This air mass is truly pervasive, too, extending perhaps at its peak, from the latitudes of the southern Lakes, ESE to the Mid Atlantic ...and all fo the central/southern plains into the SE. Temperature of 110+ are going to be quite common as this heat expands over the next 5 days.

As for us, we are protected. The -NAO is relaxing, but not entirely. There is vestigial tendency for lowering heights N/NE of Maine as the flow is curvilinear around remnant higher heights up over the far N Maritimes. That's real shaky actually... It would not take a huge lot of spatial bumping to roll out that feature and surge the ridge rim N into our lat/lon.

Thankfully that is not the model tempo right now. I just am expecting a run or two to show that though, and a flow that is bring more heat bodily in here. As it were, the whole set up is so horrendously postive in the anomalies, the N side of that heat is still an upper 80s/lower 90s type days.

TORCH!

Yep, it was pretty awesome today. Just plain nasty for the heat lovers. It made me think of Autumn and ski swaps. All the talk of future torches when day after day has been cool and comfortable with only a few warmish days mixed in. BSE2!!! Hope it keeps up for the rest of the summer. Ginx was right a few weeks ago. Regime change and not a moment too soon.

Archived