northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Cool down and trough return June 23rd-27th seals the deal

Ginx snewx

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll call BS on that. A +0.2 departure or something is just a bore. A normal month.

Why people are even wasting their time bickering about a few tenths of a degree on what will wind up being a normal month is beyond me.

If we were on our way to breaking a record warm or cool June then this talk would make sense. Since people are debating a few tenths on either side of a 0 departure that's just a total waste of time.

+0.2 is normal in my book lol.

Here is my take going forward. With the ridge out west and some weak blocking to our north....a trough will more or less be a permanent feature across the East Coast. So it could mean a few things. It could mean 85/65 stuff with tstms from time to time, dry W-NW flow with temps low to mid 80s and low dews....or it could mean a wet pattern with the mean storm track practically across or south of SNE. So, when looking at all this there is no way we are well above normal. I mean, are people really going to pound their chest of we end of like -0.2 or +0.2 during this time? I think that range is reasonable imo.

I just used the search function (a great tool BTW for those with bad memories)....I found 2 posts I made about the prospects of BDL being below average for the month:

What a disaster this thread was this morning...lol.

BOS and PVD just came off a 3 day mid-90s heat wave in June and are still -2F for the month. Guess facts are tough for some. ORH and BDL are still below normal and will finish there for the month...BDL has a slight chance to finish positive if Saturday is a huge torch.

Not really...one is interior and the other is coastal and a huge percentage of the population lives close to them. When talking departures, their location is already built into the climo. Its not like "well ORH is at 1,000 feet so my 93F was a higher departure than their 89F".

ORH was actually -1.2F before today on the month...not -0.85F. Today will be about a +10 or +11 when said and done, then maybe a couple of +5s or so before we are below normal Mon through Thu, so I think their is almost no chance of + for the month.

BDL might have a slightly better shot but still slim.

Looks like both times I said BDL has a slight shot to finish + on the month....somehow that gets twisted into "no shot at above average".

OTOH,

AWT normal to above thru day 10. Lol at the the cold and wet talk from the last few days

OP Euro says this thread is a PHAIL..Above normal goes on and on and on

After next week all will be over 1 above normal..Days near or over 100 and nights in the mid 70's will do that

Hard to believe we're looking at another above normal month at all 4 sites. When does this nonsense end?

Here is my take going forward. With the ridge out west and some weak blocking to our north....a trough will more or less be a permanent feature across the East Coast. So it could mean a few things. It could mean 85/65 stuff with tstms from time to time, dry W-NW flow with temps low to mid 80s and low dews....or it could mean a wet pattern with the mean storm track practically across or south of SNE. So, when looking at all this there is no way we are well above normal. I mean, are people really going to pound their chest of we end of like -0.2 or +0.2 during this time? I think that range is reasonable imo.

I would never pound my chest over anything. I just think it's interesting to talk about if BDL can pull out another positive month. If noone else wants to talk about it..don't respond to my posts..

I would never pound my chest over anything. I just think it's interesting to talk about if BDL can pull out another positive month. If noone else wants to talk about it..don't respond to my posts..

If may be very very close, but I think you'll need next weekend to really come through. While I think it could be warm, we may be at the mercy of clouds or even an MCS or two.

still waiting for snowman to dig up what the longest consecutive above normal month run is. June will mark the 16th month in a row of above normal at BDR, that has to be close to a record I would think?

Departure records aren't officially kept, but it is the longest streak. These are the top 5:

#1. 15 months: Mar 2011-May 2012

#2. 12 months: Aug 1998-Jul 1999

#3. 11 months: Oct 1990-Aug 1991

#4. 10 months: Feb 2010-Nov 2010

#5. 9 months: Aug 2001-Apr 2002

These records will be biased because as new normals are released, they are trending warmer which means some old streaks were rewritten when marginally above normal months became normal or slightly below.

Departure records aren't officially kept, but it is the longest streak. These are the top 5:

These records will be biased because as new normals are released, they are trending warmer which means some old streaks were rewritten when marginally above normal months became normal or slightly below.

Those numbers are depressing when you combine #1 and #4 together.

It's rough when mets don't admit mistakes and try to make non mets look foolish . This is a forum for learning not hurting

can anyone post this nonsense ?

i hope the rain has some cool storms with it.

on sat...melrose wakefield and saugus all lost power. walked into a shaws in melrose that had no lights on but was open. looked very spooky inside.

can anyone post this nonsense ?

i hope the rain has some cool storms with it.

on sat...melrose wakefield and saugus all lost power. walked into a shaws in melrose that had no lights on but was open. looked very spooky inside.

WOTY exemption? Defending the title.

Well if you won't I'll pound mine. I think my outlook posted like near 2 weeks or so ago was pretty damn good. :-)

Thanks! Staggering, what a ridiculously warm few years.

Archived