• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Cool down and trough return June 23rd-27th seals the deal

Ginx snewx

Yep, it was pretty awesome today. Just plain nasty for the heat lovers. It made me think of Autumn and ski swaps. All the talk of future torches when day after day has been cool and comfortable with only a few warmish days mixed in. BSE2!!! Hope it keeps up for the rest of the summer. Ginx was right a few weeks ago. Regime change and not a moment too soon.

Relativity needs to be considered here. "Only a few warmish days mixed in" is hugely inaccurate for the majority of the area, but may in fact be entirely an apt description for high hill climatology. Are you speaking only about your climate zone?

Fact of the matter is, that was a very torrid air mass last week, and it was not minor in that a heat wave verified at all majors. That is fact. That can't be disputed. It's kind of a caustic sentiment, actually, to try an espouse that as otherwise. It's just plain wrong, actually.

When you say, "all this talk", you need to keep in mind that these people are not referring to 1,500+ foot elevations.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, it was pretty awesome today. Just plain nasty for the heat lovers. It made me think of Autumn and ski swaps. All the talk of future torches when day after day has been cool and comfortable with only a few warmish days mixed in. BSE2!!! Hope it keeps up for the rest of the summer. Ginx was right a few weeks ago. Regime change and not a moment too soon.

I would be going absolutely apesh*t right now if this were winter... we've been getting upslope assisted precip all day and now a huge plume of moisture is moving south out of Canada.

This would be a very large snowfall for the usual northern Green suspects with this moisture and wind flow.

Perfect upslope wind to aid the moisture coming out of Canada.

Man, what a day! Very grateful it was dry got a ton of work done.........also grateful to see that models were on crack yesterday regarding Debra! Now that she will be passing well south of the area, ridging will build in over the next 5 days from the southwest. I shed a tear looking at the nws forecast and discussion, la epic weather incoming.

Hope everyone had a blessed day!

Relativity needs to be considered here. "Only a few warmish days mixed in" is hugely inaccurate for the majority of the area, but may in fact be entirely an apt description for high hill climatology. Are you speaking only about your climate zone?

Fact of the matter is, that was a very torrid air mass last week, and it was not minor in that a heat wave verified at all majors. That is fact. That can't be disputed. It's kind of a caustic sentiment, actually, to try an espouse that as otherwise. It's just plain wrong, actually.

When you say, "all this talk", you need to keep in mind that these people are not referring to 1,500+ foot elevations.

He knows all that... he is just countering CT Blizz's rabid "warm-bullying." They are ying and yang.

And the departures of heat are just as great at 1,500ft, 3,000ft, etc as it is at sea level.

He knows all that... he is just countering CT Blizz's rabid "warm-bullying." They are ying and yang.

And the departures of heat are just as great at 1,500ft, 3,000ft, etc as it is at sea level.

Cool ... Yeah, Kevin's a good guy, but his spin at times seems delusional - yet, he's doing it on purpose, too, just the same. I've met him several times (of course) and he's pretty together. Albeit annoying because he walks up to strange chicks and tries to get them to bang me. Ha

Seriously though, it looks like standard summer heat for us, unless the models err a bit and the ridge lifts a little in latitude. Gonna be real close. I would not want to be in DCA -PHL corridor.

52 here @ 2k and very breezy. Quite chilly, glad there is more of this weather in store in the LR.

This being a cold and snow board this type of unrelenting misinformation is beloved. It makes me laugh so hard, hope you enjoyed your cold day Pete! You know I am happy for you:)

This being a cold and snow board this type of unrelenting misinformation is beloved. It makes me laugh so hard, hope you enjoyed your cold day Pete! You know I am happy for you:)

Funny.

what it really boils down too is that these extreme depictions that are skewing the truth in either direction, really belong in the banter areas. Strict meteorological interpretation and/or analysis is desperately suffered, otherwise.

A CT_Blizz classic in late June.... sweatshirts and long pants.

The high temp near the office at 1,550ft was 56.5F today, with a half inch of rainfall, and a steady NNW breeze.

And SLK ASOS over in the Dacks is the real winner today as far as ASOS goes... all day spent in the lower 50s, occasional light rain, fog, and drizzle. A beauty for June 26th.

I would never speak of any climate zone other than my own. What it does down in the low country is not my concern. I have a simple view of weather in the valleys and on the coastal plain. In Winter you don't get enough snow and in Summer you get too much heat. The fact of the matter is, despite all the incessant talk of torches to come all 4 of the SNE major climo sites are AOB for the month. This even after the "torrid" air mass you speak of. Forgive me if I'm skeptical of the "death by torch" nonsense. Typically we see one or two ninety degree days here each year. Sometimes several, sometimes none. When you are roasting at night in a concrete heat sink I am feeling the cooling effects of 10's of thousands of acres of state and federal wildlife management lands. The forest behind my house remains cool and shaded on the hottest of days. The most notable aspect of a hot day here is the smell of the pine forest as the pine pitch really heats up and runs in that weather. I am well aware (and thankful) that a majority of people posting here do not live anywhere near 1500'. While you may feel my view of the urban megolopolis is rather provincial I feel the same is true when it comes to the views of many urbanites wrt life in the vast expanse of territory beyond the I-95 corridor.How many positive departure days has Ayers seen this month? More than half? I think not. Lastly, an esteemed meteorologist such as yourself should avoid falling prey to the musings of a simple troll such as myself. Life and weather are very different here and the obs that come from those of us in the high terrain are just as important a piece of the puzzle as those that eminate from the densely populated flatlands.

The heat was coming even of Debbie went to Texas. Looks rather active in the long range too. Ups and downs, while the Midwest makes the news.

I remember growing up down in the coastal carolinas some of the best days EVER was when a tropical cyclone was passing offshore, great waves, offshore winds and subsensation! The heat was coming, but I think the ridge may be able to sneak ne with a little more ooompha.

It's a general response. Myself and many of the members here are annoyed with the constant trolling in this forum.

Really? We need names and they need a life. Funny did not see any trolling during the very very active TSTORM thread. This is my thread, love it or leave it.

Can you explain this please.

Where are you headed for week one of month of Ginx? upper 80s thur fri, lower 90s this weekend pair of 88's mon and tues in moosup according to box, are you at the hacienda, heading north or down to miz? You must be getting stoked bro, weather looks perfect no matter where you are headed.

Really? We need names and they need a life. Funny did not see any trolling during the very very active TSTORM thread. This is my thread, love it or leave it.

LOL, we need a list of these troublemakers. I guess serious analysis of whether the high temp tomorrow will be 70 or 71 takes priority over general comradery. When the weather gets intense I don't recall anyone here "trolling". When the weather is like Guam's, well, the Tom Foolery show's up. Do you think Grandpa is getting senile?

LOL, we need a list of these troublemakers. I guess serious analysis of whether the high temp tomorrow will be 70 or 71 takes priority over general comradery. When the weather gets intense I don't recall anyone here "trolling". When the weather is like Guam's, well, the Tom Foolery show's up. Do you think Grandpa is getting senile?

no i don't think he his.

Archived