gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Cool down and trough return June 23rd-27th seals the deal

Ginx snewx

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see why the MA has MCS potential. Note the strong WAA at 850 through the day tomorrow and tomorrow night. Wow. +16C at 12z tomorrow to +24C by tomorrow evening near midnight...not to mention the increase in moisture at that level.

Congrats Baltimore. Incredible images out of Colorado, and Jerry wants to move there for snow? Holy scary.

Going back to the GEFS prog, it looks like the euro ensembles also try to throw a round of hotter wx in here during the 8-10 or so...give or take.

wait, it gets hot in the summer, damn. I agree with your +2 call for July with the higher departures higher than the negative ones. In the mean time what a fantastic couple of days for outside activities. Summer doldrums will get here but for now feel energetic and relaxed in this weather. Folks all around seem less grumpy and happier. The brutal heat makes a lot of folks miserable stay in the AC types.Hopefully we continue to fight the death ridge.

A steady light to at times moderately heavy upslope rain continues to fall... most stations in the vicinity of the Spine are in the 1-2" range again today for rainfall, bringing storm totals over the past 48-72 hours to 2-4".

It has been pouring here on RT 108 recently and it looks like Mansfield just keeps regurgitating 30-40dbz echos.

Going back to my GF'S bra, it looks like the euro ensembles also try to throw a round of hotter women in here during the 8-10 or so...give or take.

Seriously though, the 18z NAM really roasts the I-95 region of eastern Mass, and even out to Logan, with a 2pm of 33C at T1. That's about 37C in the 2-meter. Wow.

Not one pixel of below normal on that map...even in troughs. Sad.

I was just thinking about that, and how the operational run has negatives and is the cooler outlier, whereas, every single member in the GFES cluster is positive ?

Heh? something doesn't seem right about that.

Seriously though, the 18z NAM really roasts the I-95 region of eastern Mass, and even out to Logan, with a 2pm of 33C at T1. That's about 37C in the 2-meter. Wow.

Its 850s are a good 2C warmer than the EC/EC ens/GFS so I suspect it'll cool off a couple of degrees C by verification time like it did with the last heatwave.

Its 850s are a good 2C warmer than the EC/EC ens/GFS so I suspect it'll cool off a couple of degrees C by verification time like it did with the last heatwave.

yeah i saw that. it even has some weenie 23 and 24C 850s close by...that's actually a bit warmer than the last shot of heat - i think it was like 21-22C...which like you said proved to be too warm.

the flow is also much stronger from the SW - that would at least cut back on the heat SE of a BOS to PVD line.

I was just thinking about that, and how the operational run has negatives and is the cooler outlier, whereas, every single member in the GFES cluster is positive ?

Heh? something doesn't seem right about that.

Well the mean is AOA normal throughout, but the individual members have some sparse below normal spots although they are few and far between.

f276.gif

There's also detail continuity shifts in this run. Saturday was supposed to the be the hottest, now the NAM decides to snap off a plume of that plasma in the mid west and waft that overhead at peak heating on Friday. Then, manages to recess the 850 all the way to just 16C for Saturday. Not sure that's real.

Well the mean is AOA normal throughout, but the individual members have some sparse below normal spots although they are few and far between.

It really is fascinating to see how the total mass of positive anomalies completely trumps the negative out of existence on this run cycle.

Archived