SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Warm to cool to ? - May Obs/Discussion Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a video of the severe storm that moved out of S. Frederick Co. into Montgomery county. This is looking to the South from the front of my house. There are some wonderful shots of lightning towards the end. We are still getting decent lightning strikes up here.

Thanks for sharing. I got similar video but even these didn't fully capture the full beauty of seeing it in person. I haven't seen a light show like that from mother nature in a while. With that small pop up after the main event, I ended up with 0.16" yesterday.

Thanks for sharing. I got similar video but even these didn't fully capture the full beauty of seeing it in person. I haven't seen a light show like that from mother nature in a while. With that small pop up after the main event, I ended up with 0.16" yesterday.

All that lightning and I ended up with 0.05 inches at my house :lol:

I swear that every single storm broke right around northern Frederick.  Ballenger Creek looked to be getting pounded though.

All that lightning and I ended up with 0.05 inches at my house :lol:

I swear that every single storm broke right around northern Frederick. Ballenger Creek looked to be getting pounded though.

Maybe the southern part of Ballenger Creek. I'm a mile SW of the 70, 270, and 340 and Mrs. J about a mile or two west of me...storms and rain avoid us like the plague. The MoCo and Frederick County lines are always the sweet spot.

Plenty of CAPE for Elevated stuff, just look out in western MD. Need the sun to make it surfaced based...

Interestingly enough, LI's are good -4 to -6, and ML Lapse rates are 6.5 to 7.0 C/KM... so if anything this morning goes severe should be large hail. MLCAPE of 1500ish and SBCAPE 1500-2000

Archived