SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Warm to cool to ? - May Obs/Discussion Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course just to my southwest...I can just hear some thunder in the distance, but other than that it has gotten very dark.

The National Weather Service in Sterling Virginia has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...

southwestern Frederick County in north central Maryland...

southern Washington County in north central Maryland...

northeastern Jefferson County in the Panhandle of West Virginia...

northern Loudoun County in northern Virginia...

* until 645 PM EDT

* at 602 PM EDT...National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated a

severe thunderstorm capable of producing hail up to the size of

quarters and damaging winds in excess of 60 mph. This storm was

located near Shepherdstown...and moving southeast at 15 mph.

* Locations impacted include...

Brunswick...

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

This is a dangerous storm. If you are in its path...prepare

immediately for damaging wind gusts...large hail and frequent cloud

to ground lightning. Move indoors to a sturdy building and stay away

from windows.

Lat...Lon 3941 7751 3924 7766 3941 7787 3949 7780

time...Mot...loc 2205z 293deg 12kt 3944 7778

Watching the storm to the NE of the warned storm. If it keeps its track and does not dissipate, TradeWinds and myself are in for a good soaking.

Well, there is the famous dissipate. The sprinkles look to be done and I didn't even hit 0.01" on the rain gauge. Crazy what that ridge does.

We broke out here in Wesminster around 3:00pm, but once the sun set our winds went from 220 -> 150. Now it's getting foggy and cloudy. I.hate.marine.layers.

Oh boo hoo, We had a constant stratus cloud deck below 5 kft all day, not one peak of sun and an afternoon high of 58 with a 57°DP. The lowest RH of the day was 94%. At least you saw sun. :P

Oh boo hoo, We had a constant stratus cloud deck below 5 kft all day, not one peak of sun and an afternoon high of 58 with a 57°DP. The lowest RH of the day was 94%. At least you saw sun. :P

My heart weeps for you. It's interesting...iIve noticed that Susquehanna River seems to be a dividing line a lot of times for significantly clearing out.

sun's coming out. might as well bake if nothing else is going to happen.

y-day was pretend interesting.. got a punch of warm air around 400 p then by the time i put on shorts to take the dog out at 6 it was cool again.

I would like to see a storm either today or tomorrow... even some distant thunder or lightning would be nice...

Latest hi-res pop some storms up over the Blue Ridge this afternoon but they struggle to make it into MoCo/DC. I'd hedge my bets for today and go with the better chances tomorrow.

SPC has us in a Slight Risk for tomorrow... I could believe that (for now).

I would like to see a storm either today or tomorrow... even some distant thunder or lightning would be nice...

You need to move to Cockeysville, I've had thunderstorms the last three mornings :)

Latest hi-res pop some storms up over the Blue Ridge this afternoon but they struggle to make it into MoCo/DC. I'd hedge my bets for today and go with the better chances tomorrow.

SPC has us in a Slight Risk for tomorrow... I could believe that (for now).

Well shear is weak, so they would be slow movers, right? Also, mid-level lapse rates look pretty good around 6.5-7.0 C/KM... so I think a rogue storm could be pulse severe with maybe some hail.

Tomorrow looks like more of same though... perhaps some damaging wind gusts

Well shear is weak, so they would be slow movers, right? Also, mid-level lapse rates look pretty good around 6.5-7.0 C/KM... so I think a rogue storm could be pulse severe with maybe some hail.

Tomorrow looks like more of same though... perhaps some damaging wind gusts

Yep... just gonna be pulsing slow-movers.

Archived